Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

Accutane Results

That is stunning and is filling with me with hope.

I'm currently on accutane - have been two and a half months. Things were cool at 30mg a day (bar the inital outbreak) but since being on 60mg the last couple of weeks my face is erupting! Its horrible regressing like this. Trying to imagine me in those photos, but its tough when you also know it might not work and then what!?

Anyway - how long was your course and what was your daily dosage?

Did you do anything special while on the drug?

How long did it take before your skin started to clear?

Thanks for the good news photos!

Your skin has made INCREDIBLE progress! biggrin.gif Are you left with very much scarring? Your acne looked quite severe... I can't really tell in the light of the second photo whether you have significant scarring or not. I suppose that's a good thing, though? B)

Congratulations! It must feel great to finally be clear! I hope to have that feeling one day. Did you experience any side effects from the accutane?

that is incredible. man i feel so happy for you. i know youre probably out there living it up. it shows patience and hope can pay off.

how did scars turn out?

anyways take care dude.

Guest agentx

wow ... thanks aLOT for all your support guys smile.gif i feel SOOOOOOOO much better all of u ROCK!

Well here are some of the answers to your questions.

I was on 20 mg a day for 5 and a half months. my initial breakout came the SECOND day of starting accutane ... believe it or not. and it was BAD! ... REAL bad.

Anyways ... side effects included ... bad dry lips ... and backaches ... its all gone now. my lips are allright and my backache isnt nowhere to be found :] my acne started clearing up magically around in the 3rd month.

Any more questions ... please post them ... i LOVE to help people LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Thanks aLOT again ... and dont worry ... the world duz seem to come at an end if ur acne is bad ... but after accutane ... u wont remember a thing ... well u will remember but it would be a good thing believe me smile.gif

CheerS!

Guest agentx

Hey,

Well ... scarring isnt that much ... just a bit on my cheeks ... and a LITTLE bit on the end of my forehead where my forehead meets my ears ... well almost my ears lol ... dont know how to explain ... i`ll take a pic of the scarring soon with good lighting so you can see it better.

In simple words ... my scarring isnt anything i would be sad about :] i dont even think about it. Specially after what ive been through :]

Hang on guys ... you WILL eventually be clear :] and these days will just be a memory smile.gif

CheerS!

Guest agentx

u roCK guyS smile.gif this feeling is even better then being clear ... umm ... not really but its KOOOOOL smile.gif

CheeRs!

btw ... u guys should check out my previous posts by searching ... and see where i was THEN and where i am NOW smile.gif

Thanks!

I'm glad the drug worked for you, and you do look great. Don't have to wonder if you'll be waking up with a new breakout in the morning.

Hey dude!!

I remember you, I seem to remember posting u the odd pm.

Just wanted to ask, was your whole course dosage only 20mg a day??

Thats amazing. I weigh just under 50kg, and I'm on 30mg/day. Just gone over the 2 month mark. Still breaking out abit, things getting better but im not "clear".

I was gonna ask my derm if I should ramp up to 40mg/day. My acne isn't that bad but its stubborn.

My skin isn't even THAT dry, but then it was never that oily to begin with.

Whats your suggestion?? Should my current dosage do it if I keep at it?

Also, I've been clear on my cheeks for about 6 weeks now, and suddenly i've broken out abit there again.. is this normal??! I thought my cheeks were over and done with!! Its so heart-breaking sometimes, when you think you're nearly there...

Thanks man for coming back, the last time I remember u were here, weren't u put on minocycline?? I guess from you're photo's its going well.

Well done, you look truly great and you deserve it. Congrats on getting through it, you're inspiration!

Guest agentx

Hey IDONTWANTTOFEELUGLY tongue.gif i remember u mate smile.gif well yea i was on 20 mg a day for the whole course. The doc said he would increase my dosage after a few months but it was already costing alot and i cudnt afford it so i didnt even go to him smile.gif kept on at 20mg a day.

And well ... i also weighed about 55 kg at the time ... so i duno abt u... different for different people. I am clear on 20 mg a day .... ( hopefully will stay clear ).

And yea i was breaking out occasionally in my fourth month as well ... so it DOES take time. I only have one thing to say in this matter...STICK to accutane ... take it for 6 months and THEN judge what it can and cannot do. its that simple.

And no my insurance didnt cover JACK smile.gif only the visit to the doctor ... tat also half of it. Cost me about 150 AUD per month for 20 mg a day.

Keep on fightin smile.gif

CheerS!

how come it was 150 aud???if u r aussi doesnt govt pay for it..i just started and i got 60 X 20mg tablets for $AUD15..pretty good huh!!!medicare seems to sudsidise alot of it....so it is really not that expensive at al!!!

Guest agentx

nah im not a permanent resident , am an international student smile.gif

Hey Agentx,

Your skin looks awesome. I'm glad it all worked out. I remember when I finished my accutane how good it felt. You worked hard to get to this point and you deserve it. Good luck in the future.