Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LdroppNova

black pores on nose?

Since I went to the dermo a few weeks ago and after him telling me I had 50+ blackheads around my T-zone, I have been consistently using the Biore strips. Now I have eliminated many of them for the moment from my chin and around the sides of my nose, but still on my nose my pores are black. But nothing comes out on the Biore strips at the moment. Do I need to be using a special blackhead scrub or special exfoliation or just get an extraction... I usually get one twice a year but it never keeps them from coming back. Are these black pores black heads?? Lying dormant maybe?

Any help would be great!

i also have this problem. it looks like there would be something to squeez out but i get nothing. however, in the crease of my nose and cheeck i have whiteheads under the skin and its disgusting how much stuff comes out. i can pop them multiple times a day, they will not go away no matter what i have tried. biore strips never worked for me, i try a hot compress on my nose and then wash my face with proactive. i "massage" my nose while washing my face. this seems to work for me but it always comes back.

if you find a solution i would like to know!

Ive had blackheads all over my nose too for the past three years thanks to St Ives Apricot Scrub. I never shouldve listened to the girl at walgreens who recommended it to me. Black heads are very hard to get rid of. I just gently use my shisheido exfoliating brush. They still are not gone but they are lighter than before

I've been trying for years to get rid of the black dots on my nose. I've finally given up because nothing helps! I just use a bit of concealer to cover them.

Hi-

A salicylic acid cleanser or mask will help pull the blackheads out. I have a mask by LaPrairie (clay balancing mask) that has some acids in it and really clears out blackheads. It has soothing ingredients in it also. Another option if your blackheads are stubborn and persistent, find a nice spa with a trained esthetician. A good cleanse and lite steam and mask - she will be able to push the blackheads out for you.

Good luck.

Yvette

its not blackheads youve got ... thats just the large pores .... the reason they seem black is becuase of the shadow they create. a way to see if you have blackheads or just large pores is to look at your nose with a bright light shinng direclty on to your nose ... if you pores are skin coloured then you have large pores (black is due to shadowing)

if they are still black under a bright light then you still have blackheads.

its not blackheads youve got ... thats just the large pores .... the reason they seem black is becuase of the shadow they create. a way to see if you have blackheads or just large pores is to look at your nose with a bright light shinng direclty on to your nose ... if you pores are skin coloured then you have large pores (black is due to shadowing)

Good Advice :)

they may be deep blackheads. Supposedly pore strips cannot get those out or just get the top of them out :S

Deep blackheads can't be reached by a strip because they are of course, deep. You need to steam with a hot shower, then use a pore cleaning scrub to get them out. Even then, mine don't all come out. Try not to use strips, it'll stretch pores and won't reach all the deep blackheads.

I use the Biore strips rarely now because I'm worried about what it does to my skin long term. It seems to be mechanically rough on the skin. What helps the most for me is washing the face twice a day and using BHA aka salacylic acid for exfoliation at least once a day.

FYI after I use Biore I use a toner to cleanup whatever mess is left on the nose. I also follow it up with a BHA. I may have to start putting on BP too because I get a pimple or two afterwards.

I can't seem to post the actual link but if you Google, cosmetics cop blackheads, you should read the link on top of the results page.

=/