Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meemo38

Accutane...Roaccutane???

Are these the same thing, i am in the UK and just started roaccutane, but see most people say accutane on here!!!

Also can anyone recommend a good moisturiser that i can get in the UK

Thanks

Michelle

Are these the same thing, i am in the UK and just started roaccutane, but see most people say accutane on here!!!

Also can anyone recommend a good moisturiser that i can get in the UK

Thanks

Michelle

yeh its a generic drug, exactly the same. Also my derm reccomended eumobase before tane. and gl hope it works for you :dance:

Both accutane and roaccutane are the exact same thing, its just that in US its call Accutane while in the UK its call roaccutane. Both are from the same company Roche so it can't be different and nope its not a generic either. Its the original isotretinoin.

Accutane is a common word use around here but it basically means isotretinoin. People around here also use the word "Accutane" even when they take the generic. Actually the word ACCUTANE is the name use by Roche to name their isotretinoin but its so common to use instead of saying isotretinoin.

I use Nivea's intensive moisturizing cream. Have been using it for years even before accutane cos the areas around my mouth tend to get dry easily but as a heavy duty moisturizer, I don't know whether its good.

I use Eucerin, which is a dermatological cream for dry skin.

But its really light and well absorbed, yet really moisturising.

Use sunscreen and a nice gentle cleanser too :)

good luck

i live in the uk too, and roaccutane is just the same mate..i went to the royal free hospitals dermatology dept in london, was amazing..

they recommended to use Bio Oil (u can get it in boots/superdrug/amazon e.t.c), and it really helps to smooth out scars and red marks and also is a great moisturiser because its easily absorbed whilst you have dry skin..so i guess it hits 2 birds with one stone...its really goodd