Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sareliz

Freaking the hell out. Wtf is this?!?! :( :( :(

Ohhhh my gosh.

I have NEVER had a cyst this big. EVER. It is larger than a dime. What the HELL is it?? It's in the fucking dead ass middle of my face, too. I'm supposed to perform in the play TOMORROW.

I don't know what to do. The Tetracycline, Methylprednisolone, and Retin-A the doctor gave me on Thursday haven't helped at all, of course. It's like a huge, raised BRUISE under my skin that is showing up reddish purple. And it hurts like hell.

I cried for SO long last night. I'm not leaving the house today. I'm just going to sit here and reapply Retin-A over and over and over alllll day. I don't know what to do about this humongous mound that is taking up half my face. :cry:

Why NOW? I hadn't had a cyst in a few weeks. So of course, I get the biggest one I have ever gotten (I didn't even know they COULD get this huge) right before the play goes up. I'm so fucking pissed off. This SUCKS. There's no hiding this thing. Makeup won't cover it. It's simply too big and discolored. I wanted to try a cortisone injection but my doc AND my mom told me they don't work and it wouldn't help and I haven't done my research.

HELLO. I am on this fucking laptop 24/7 when I'm home, doing research to figure out what the fuck might help me. I know what the hell I'm talking about. But no, they both decide that a worthless antibiotic and Retin-A and a steroid will help. I told them they wouldn't do shit, and lo and behold, they have done nothing but possibly make it worse. Yet I don't know what I'm talking about?

But it's allll I've got. I don't even know how to react to this thing. Should I ice it? Is it infected? Should I just keep putting on Retin-A?

It hurts so bad. And looks... scary. I honestly just wish I could die right now. This feels like a big FUCK YOU from God or fate or whatever the hell dictates my pathetic life.

I need HELP, goddamn it. But I can't get any. The things were supposed to help have only fucked it up more. And I've hit a dead end, and it is still getting bigger.

What the hell am I supposed to do?!?

Why would a doctor advise against a cortisone shot?

Get a cortisone shot (or steroid injection, which is used by some doctors). Tomorrow it will be smaller and less red, if not gone.

That's what I usually do when I get the kind of cysts that are too big and noticeable.

I am SOOO sorry!! I know what you are going through because I have the exact same thing, except that it's on my chin and there are TWO of them! A few hours ago, I applied some ice, took 800mg Ibuprofen, and then applied BP, neosporin and a hydrocortison cream over it and then covered it with a bandaid. I know, it seems like I put too much crap on it but it has actually gone down in size and it doesn't hurt AS MUCH as it did this morning. However, the purple bruising is still there and I have no idea how to get rid of that :*(

Try crushing up an aspirin pill, mixing it with aloe vera gel and leaving it on overnight.

Long-term, however, you should ditch the topicals and try hormonal treatment. I take yasmin 28 and spironolactone 100mg a day and I went from having severe cystic acne to flawless skin. Don't suffer for years before figuring this out like I did. Get on the meds and wait....it will take 4-6 months to work but will amaze you.

I have one on my nose, really bad. It also looks MUCH worse from a few feet away then up close, it looks like a huge purple spot now.

post-94487-1240888102_thumb.jpg

post-94487-1240888133_thumb.jpg

post-94487-1240888138_thumb.jpg

post-94487-1240888102_thumb.jpg

post-94487-1240888133_thumb.jpg

post-94487-1240888138_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh my gosh.

I have NEVER had a cyst this big. EVER. It is larger than a dime. What the HELL is it?? It's in the fucking dead ass middle of my face, too. I'm supposed to perform in the play TOMORROW.

I don't know what to do. The Tetracycline, Methylprednisolone, and Retin-A the doctor gave me on Thursday haven't helped at all, of course. It's like a huge, raised BRUISE under my skin that is showing up reddish purple. And it hurts like hell.

I cried for SO long last night. I'm not leaving the house today. I'm just going to sit here and reapply Retin-A over and over and over alllll day. I don't know what to do about this humongous mound that is taking up half my face. :cry:

Why NOW? I hadn't had a cyst in a few weeks. So of course, I get the biggest one I have ever gotten (I didn't even know they COULD get this huge) right before the play goes up. I'm so fucking pissed off. This SUCKS. There's no hiding this thing. Makeup won't cover it. It's simply too big and discolored. I wanted to try a cortisone injection but my doc AND my mom told me they don't work and it wouldn't help and I haven't done my research.

HELLO. I am on this fucking laptop 24/7 when I'm home, doing research to figure out what the fuck might help me. I know what the hell I'm talking about. But no, they both decide that a worthless antibiotic and Retin-A and a steroid will help. I told them they wouldn't do shit, and lo and behold, they have done nothing but possibly make it worse. Yet I don't know what I'm talking about?

But it's allll I've got. I don't even know how to react to this thing. Should I ice it? Is it infected? Should I just keep putting on Retin-A?

It hurts so bad. And looks... scary. I honestly just wish I could die right now. This feels like a big FUCK YOU from God or fate or whatever the hell dictates my pathetic life.

I need HELP, goddamn it. But I can't get any. The things were supposed to help have only fucked it up more. And I've hit a dead end, and it is still getting bigger.

What the hell am I supposed to do?!?

I have had the cysts for over 7 years now and have tried everything from picking them, putting bleach on my face (I was that desperate) I have tried Erythromycin, that worked for over 2 years and my face was perfect, then it stopped working and I got put on Dianette which did not work at all. I am now on Tetralysal 300 which worked on and off but now I have the cysts all over my chin and they are getting much worse.

I recently went back to doctor and told her how I had become a hermit, not leaving the house for days and having time off work and she has referred me to a dermatologist, think they will prescribe Accutane.

I have tried so many creams and herbal pills. Nothing works. I found something that may take the redness down: Blend 5 strawberries with 1 egg white and apply to your face and leave on for approx 1/2 hour,then wash off with cool water. I then blended a fresh apricot and applied the paste to individual spots then covered with a plaster. I left this on over night. They helped the take the redness down, especially as I had squeezed them!!!!!Try them, you have nothing to lose and they are natural.

I had a huge cyst on my chin a month ago. It was about the size of a quarter and it stayed on m face for two weeks. I was no big deal for a week, then it came out and was very irradiated. Then it went down then came back up. Very weird. But its not noticeable anymore. Just remember its temporary and it'll go away soon enough.

I am SOOO sorry!! I know what you are going through because I have the exact same thing, except that it's on my chin and there are TWO of them! A few hours ago, I applied some ice, took 800mg Ibuprofen, and then applied BP, neosporin and a hydrocortison cream over it and then covered it with a bandaid. I know, it seems like I put too much crap on it but it has actually gone down in size and it doesn't hurt AS MUCH as it did this morning. However, the purple bruising is still there and I have no idea how to get rid of that :*(

I had one at least 4-5 times the size of that on the side of my nose so believe me that isnt big compared to mine.