Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juliem

lemon water?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have red and brown marks on my cheeks and forehead from past breakouts. However, I'm STILL breaking out but not as bad. I heard drinking lemon water helps to lighten them? How much water should I drink, how much lemon should I use? Can I use store bought lemon juice or should I use whole lemon? Anyone had any luck with this regimen? Thanks for any info.

half a teaspoon of juice per glass, 8 glasses daily. Or use a big glass 4 times daily with a full teaspoon. I found that real lemons made me break out more and the ones in the lemon shaped bottles worked better. However, most people will say that it's best to use fresh lemons.

Also, taking the lemon juice in warm water is better overall for your system, as cold drinks can chill the liver and impair its function.

Freshly squeezed lemon juice is preferable only because it doesn't contain preservaties. However, the bottled lemon juice should contain all the beneficial aspects of freshly squeezed too, except perhaps that it may be less potent..

Using lemon/ACV on your skin is an old folk remedy too.

"Apple cider vinegar/lemon juice Clean your skin and apply either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball. The acid in these kitchen remedies helps flush out the pores and keeps the skin looking beautiful. Vinegar acts as an astringent and helps remove excess oil, kills bacteria, and normalizes the skin's pH. This remedy should work quickly."

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_acne.htm

In my opinion, it doesn't work that quickly, I believe that it helps me.