Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:( Hi im a 16 year old male and i need some help, i really hate my skin. What some people consider as "bad" acne they just need to see my skin it is absolutley horrible . i have only ever had one date in my life and now the girl wont even talk to me, :( i went to prom with that girl and =she didnt want pictures, there were cameras at the dance and she only took one picture with me and more with others, needless to say i didnt want any pictures taken off me. i have self-esteme issues, i was depressed for 2 years because i moved and didnt have any freinds and i fear that im slipping back into depression, i am miising out of so many things because of my acne, i ask myself why does is this happening to me? what did i do to deserve this?! im a nice guy i do well in school dont get into any trouble and this is what i get for it? i mean im already short ,and look really young, and am really shy, but this aswell WTF!?! Right now im giving up on all of the acne products im not washing my face because i just dont care :(

you are sooo young. Youve probably fed this line many times and you will be many times in the future...THINGS WILL GET BETTER. However sometimes you need to take charge. I know it's embarrassing at first and at such a young age but you should see a dermatologist. They help many teens like you find a solution. Most importantly is to deal with the acne now and asap and be consulted how to reduce the risk of scarring.

believe it not life goes on after highschool.

I'm in college and I'm still dealing with acne problems. My advice to you is to go out and enjoy yourself. And if people don't want to be around you because of your acne, then you wouldn't want to be around them anyways. I have a bunch of friends and none of them care if I have bad acne or not. I'm sure you'll find friends like that.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I know what high school is like, and it feels almost impossible to not care about what others think of you. You have to make the decision to live your life for you only, and not care about what others think.

It took me several years to come to terms with the fact that my happiness ultimately resides in myself, and while I am certainly not perfect, and I certainly need the people I have in my life, I am in charge of my life, and the choices I make are of my doing.

You may be thinking that there is no way anything I just said could be correct, but just try. Take a tiny step forward and see where it takes you. You don't have to try and turn everything around right now, but staying in one spot forever can get frustrating and make you feel any worse.

I'm sorry to hear that acne is having such negative effects on your social life and self esteem. I've been there and it can be degrading especially at your age. To be honest, I think you should try to go out and have some fun. You're really young and now is the time to go out and laugh and experience life; acne should NOT hold you back. If anything it'll make you feel better about yourself! I know tons and tons of people with mild to severe acne who have active social lives and no one really even notices their acne because their personality overcomes that!

As far as the acne goes, if it's really prohibiting you from living your life, you might want to consider going to see a dermatologist. They have many topical creams/gels or oral pills that work well for some people. I also suggest washing your face no matter how apathetic you become about it. Even if it's just with water. Hope this stuff helps. Good luck!