Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Has anyone gotten rid of their acne marks?

Has anyone gotten completely clear of dark/red acne marks? If so how long did it take and what did you use? :ph34r:

some people think shaving speeds up skin exfoliation so the red marks go away faster. cool.gif

Hell no! Nothing fucks up the skin worse than that small lawnmower... I prefer to shave just once per week although I need that every day.

Using BP consistently helped to make my hyperpigmentation marks fade a lot faster than they would've done on their own. It's taken about 5 months though... however, I'd rather 5 months than 1.5 years..

I've tried everything mentioned on the baords. I have a whole cupboard dedicated to products that people said were good for acne, save a few such as liver flush ingredients and B5. Anyway, here's what I'm doing now and It's fading them faster than I can believe, within the last 2 weeks they have almost all faded.

I Use phisoderm 4 in 1 SA wash in the morning. Sometimes I will use vinegar or Glycolic 15% after to keep my skin acidic.

In the evenings I use 5% BP gel as a spot treatment(although some of the gel gets on the red marks). Then I wash with spectrogel(it's antibactierial wash that is pH balanced and I think is only in Canada). Lastly and most importantly, I went back to my shelf of stuff and pulled out my wild papaya soap from e-bay(I believe curryby sold this stuff as well). I lather with that and leave it on for a minute of so until it starts burning. It's a real good exfoliator and skin lightener.

I also eat a good diet for the most part. That includes tons of good complex carbs.

I also take some zinc, elemental calcium w/mag. and cop., omega 3-6-9, cod liver oil, b-50, 2 milk thistle and 1 glucomannon a day. Also I drink tons of green tea. I stopped for a while and now have started to drink a lot again like I used to ever since I read that it regultes blood sugar.

Don't know what's doing it for me but I've tried everything before by themselves and now all together they seem to be working best.

yeah, reactions to shaving definitely vary from person to person. It's best if you don't need to go over the same area more than once or twice. That's why choosing a sharp razor is key! I've never tried electric though. :think:

I switched to electric. Braun 3615. Good results. Minimizing irritation is important in my opinion.

It depends on the shaver itself. Mine is a Philips PS4819 and is as close as a normal razor blade.

I switched from razors to an electric shaver while I was on Accutane. At that time it was truly great that I could shave everyday without having to worry about skin irritation. But now it is much different. I could say I break out sometimes in the neck and beard area just because of shaving. Perhaps I should go back to razors..

How long has it been since you changed your blades Gerhard? They should be changed about once a year, maybe sooner depending on how often you clean and/or lubricate them, how often you shave, and how thick your hair is. Just like a manual, dull blades = irritation.

I've had good luck with differin to help red spots go away faster.

I bought the shaver about 5 months and haven't changed the blades since then. However I didn't use it that much in the last 2 months so I think I still don't have to change them soon. They still do a pretty good job.

What caused the big change in the sensitivity of my skin is IMO my first liver flush. No more Accutane, no more smooth shaves!

PS How did you use Differin to fade your red spots? I don't really have many of those left but it isn't a bad idea to make use of the two useless, unopened tubes of Differin that I have..

Hey, me too! I'm using Zenmed scar treatmen.t It's pricey but, it's really better than anything else I've used. BP does irritate post ance marks, trust me. Here are little stuff I recomend:

-use sunscreen, it helps them go away faster.

-after washing your face, wait like an hour for it to sink it and apply moisterizer

-use aloe vera (the sticky stuff in the plant, once you peel it. It looks like saliva) and leave it on for 20 min.

-drink water

-avoid fast food and sugary drinks

-try not eating meat for a week, it makes it heal faster

That's what I'm doing and it works! Good luck!