Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polska Laska

Anyone Tried anything from LUSH?

So I just found out that there'e a LUSH in a mall close to my place, so I have been reading reviews on their masks... I want to try a mask called the Mask of Magnaminty, I think I'll ask for a sample. Has anyone tried any LUSH masks and has good/bad experiences? My #1 concern is breaking out!

=]

Yeah I heard about if from one of my friends (meepocow on youtube). She really likes it, but her skin isn't as acne-prone. All the girls who recommend have flawless skin already!

They may have good products but they aren't as natural as they claim to be. They have about the same ingredients as your average drugstore products.

They may have good products but they aren't as natural as they claim to be. They have about the same ingredients as your average drugstore products.

That's true about the department store products, too. Same manufacturers, too in many cases. LabGirl had a post somewhere (can't find it) about which 'department store' brands make the drug store brands, too, and there's minimal to no difference between the ingredients. Just price.

So I just found out that there'e a LUSH in a mall close to my place, so I have been reading reviews on their masks... I want to try a mask called the Mask of Magnaminty, I think I'll ask for a sample. Has anyone tried any LUSH masks and has good/bad experiences? My #1 concern is breaking out!

=]

I have found minty facemasks to be really good with irritated skin of any kind. I have used this mask and it didnt cause a flare up. it didnt "fix" my skin obviously but it worked as well as a mask should and mint is cooling and calming on red and inflamed skin .....for me anyway :)

I hate to be the party pooper on this one, but I'm not a fan of LUSH. I do love how they smell and feel, but all the products I've tried from them have caused me breakouts. When I asked my dermatologist about the brand all she had to say was that people who are prone to breakouts should stay away from it (I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised by her statement after my experience with it). :(

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you there. I work for Lush in a UK store, we get extensive training into everything that goes into the products. I personally have handmade products myself in the factory in Dorset.

As for a really good facemask i'd recommend Cosmetic Warrior - its in the fresh section in the ice. Its made with kaolin clay, which will draw out impurities, tea tree oil (antibacterial) garlic (antiseptic, wound healing), honey (healing, softening antiseptic) free range eggs (protein, softening) and grapes (a mild AHA)

Herbalism is also great, and Dark Angels (which is really new) they are nice to leave on as masks!