Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does rice have gluten?

It seems like it has to. Especially some nice sticky japanese rice, how could it be so sticky without gluten?

I read somewhere that technically it doesn't but it's still bad for acne?

So is it safe to eat? Because I really wanna eat some rice.

Also what about soy? As in soy sauce? Is soy a common allergy?

I would minimize your intake and go for brown rice. White breads and pastas aren't too good for you. And from what I've heard, soy can be an allergen to some people. :)

soy for most people is a common allergy (although not for me) ansd soy sauce is worse becuz of all the sodium i would suggest you stay away from it and white rice is really bad for you but their is alternatives such as brown rice, and there are some rices out there that are gluten free")

I would suggest you buy that")

*Heres some information on soy and acne:

Beans of soy contain more than 40% protein and most of the proteins are heat-stable, that is, it can not be decomposed easily at ordinary cooking temperature. Studies show that existence of these proteins is the only factor that produces allergic effects and acne.

Soy does not cause acne on its first intake. When soy is taken for the first time, your immune system responds badly to soy and produces antibodies. Now the antibodies are become dormant and will be alive as soon as you take soy the second time and onward. Proteins are thought to be responsible for bad immune response and allergic effects.

Sebaceous glands or oil producing glands are extremely susceptible to bad immune response. Sebaceous glands are inflamed and produce excessive sebum. Excessive sebum clogs tiny hair follicles. Normal production of sebum and discharge through hair follicles is necessary for healthy skin. But, due to inflammation, hair follicles are narrowed and sebum is restricted within hair follicles.

The accumulation of sebum and bacterial infection rupture the walls of hair follicles. When hair follicles are ruptured, the lesion is called papule and the bump is called blackheads. If the sebum still stays inside, the bump is called whitehead.

Thus, soy kicks start a chain of allergic reaction that ends in acne breakouts.

Soy Not Used in Previous Centuries:

Pictographical data reveal that soy was designated unfit to eat as it contained many toxic chemicals and heat-stable proteins. It was not used even in East Asia, its native homeland. Toxins in soy inhibit the activities of trypsin and other protein digestive enzymes. Soybeans inhibit the absorption of essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, zinc etc as it contains high phytate contents.

Can fermented soy products cause acne?

Fermented soy products are somewhat safer than raw soy products as during fermentation, heat-stable proteins are destroyed that trigger your immune system. Consult your health care professional about the possible risks of fermented and non-fermented soy products. In some cases, taking fermented products is more risky than non-fermented products.

Conclusion:

Soy produces allergic effects and directly targets the immune system. Immune system in return stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce excessive sebum and inflammation of hair follicles and lymph. If you noticed any allergic effect after taking soy, avoid it completely and consult health care professional.

Rice doesn't contain gluten, its a grain of its own. However it is still a grain, and grains in general are known to agrivate acne in many people.

For me, rice foods don't bother me as bad as wheat does, but it still irritates my skin somewhat. I only eat brown rice, and try to avoid processed rice foods.

stay away from white rice. it barely has nutritional value and it'll make your insulin levels surge.

i used to eat brown rice all the time .. until i found out i was allergic to it from a blood test

Does rice have gluten?

It seems like it has to. Especially some nice sticky japanese rice, how could it be so sticky without gluten?

Rice doesn't have gluten, but processed rice like the sticky rice may have gluten as an additive--best to stick with foods you know the ingredients of if you're unsure.

Does rice have gluten?

Rice doesn't have gluten, but processed rice like the sticky rice may have gluten as an additive--best to stick with foods you know the ingredients of if you're unsure.

sticky rice by itself doesn't have gluten in it. It's a kind of rice that becomes sticky when cooked. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_rice