Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jrm209

my red marks look black when covering w/ makeup!

i have red marks on my face and everytime i attempt to cover it, it just looks like black dots! what do i do?

I had the same problem, but mine looked purple. Are you fair skinned?

So anyway, now I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and under that I use a concealer from Benefit that is usually used for under-eye circles. (I dont ever put concealer on top of my foundation, though most people do). Ive found the biggest trick for me is to put on the concealer, then a layer of the foundation all over, then do my eye makeup, and then go back and do another layer of the foundation. The results are pretty amazing :shifty: Nothing else Ive tried has ever worked like this, and Ive tried a lot!

Good luck

yeah im fair-skinned.

i wish i didnt have to layer so much stuff though...it makes my face look so made-up and feels heavy...i also have acne-prone skin so i am scared of putting too much stuff on my face...

Ive tried both of those and didnt like them, and the mac definitely made me feel cakey. The ELDW doesnt though. Not everyone loves it, but for some its a really great find.

Hi, :angel:

i have pale skin as well and my really big acne scars look purple. i also use estee lauder make up but i use the face powder not the foundation and find that from what i have tried this is the best, plus i read that it is non-acnegenic as well!! big plus point!! i am thinking of trying the bare minerals faoundation powder as this is recommened a lot for acne sufferers as it is said to cover really well and actually helps skin recover.

:angel:

I had the same problem, but mine looked purple. Are you fair skinned?

So anyway, now I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and under that I use a concealer from Benefit that is usually used for under-eye circles. (I dont ever put concealer on top of my foundation, though most people do). Ive found the biggest trick for me is to put on the concealer, then a layer of the foundation all over, then do my eye makeup, and then go back and do another layer of the foundation. The results are pretty amazing :shifty: Nothing else Ive tried has ever worked like this, and Ive tried a lot!

Good luck

I might try this, because my complexion is fair and my red marks look purple underneath my foundation too. What's the name and color of the concealer from Benefit?

Guest missyjean130

Um,get a new makeup?

Mineral perhaps.