Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seattle Girl

accutane in combo w/spiro

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. Thanks to all who have shared their experiences--i've learned a lot. I've been on spiro (150mg), differin and duac for several months and still not much improvement with my hormonal cystic acne, so my derm suggested accutane, which i start this week at 40mg/day. She's letting me stay on the spiro (which i hope might help minimize the IB) and i'm just wondering if anyone else has taken accutane in combination with spiro and how that worked out for them? (i've had zero side effects from the spiro btw--otherwise i'd be nervous about two very strong medications in my system at once)

thanks!

seattle girl

Hi, Seattle Girl. Since those are two potent medications I recommend that you speak with licensed doctors. You can call local offices and request a second opinion regarding your inquiry. Unfortunately, I personally am not familiar with Spiro or anyone that has taken Accutane and Spiro at the same time.

Thanks for your reply Siava! I trust my derm's judgement so I'm not really concerned about getting a second medical opinion. Just curious to know if anyone else on this site has taken accutane and spironolactone simultaneously.

Hi, Seattle Girl. Since those are two potent medications I recommend that you speak with licensed doctors. You can call local offices and request a second opinion regarding your inquiry. Unfortunately, I personally am not familiar with Spiro or anyone that has taken Accutane and Spiro at the same time.

Thanks for your reply Siava! I trust my derm's judgement so I'm not really concerned about getting a second medical opinion. Just curious to know if anyone else on this site has taken accutane and spironolactone simultaneously.

You know Seattle Girl, I don't think I have ever seen anyone on this board take both, I even googled it for u and found nothing on them being taken together. I would recheck w/ another doctor or the pharmacist. I agree with Siava.

Just b/c thier doctors do not make them invinsible for making mistakes. There's even been a member on here who was given mino and accutane together which is a big no no.

better safe then sorry

According to the drug interaction checker at drugs.com, there is no adverse interaction between spiro and Accutane. Doesn't mean one doesn't exist, but I thought I'd let you know.