Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Candida and Fat?

I know most people say candida feeds on sugar but is there anyone that has taken to the idea that the actual problem is fat? Ive read a few sites that mention it, and as i know fats make my skin worse so its something i wanted to pick up on.

Ive read on curezone someone went on just a fruit and veg diet which sorted out there candida, whilst on a raw forum someone managed to clear there candida by just going on a banana diet for 2 weeks.

I took antibiotics for a while so candida is more than likely an issue, but i always found it frustrating when reading the sites that claim sugar is the problem as there recommended foods didnt help it. They seem to aim at fatty foods, which seem to be my problem.

So im wondering has anyone gone on a fruit and veg diet on here to sort out there candida problem?

Yes. I have. I really do not believe fat is the problem. When i did the only fruits and veggies diet for a few weeks in the summer i had the WORST im telling you worst acne you have ever seen. It was only moderate on my face before but it became really really severe all over my face back chest and evendown my lower back. awful. and it was so big it left keloid scars that I have to have laser surgery on now. Dont even try this if you have signs of candida, hypoglycemia, or blood sugar issues. besides...humans NEED fats and proteins to be in optimal health but they do not need carbohydrates to be in optimal health. (this is fact) So eating only fruits and vegetables is a nutritional disaster. I have heard of fruitatarians having their teeth loosen and fall out....not a hott look for anyone.

hope that helps you

If candida, is your problem, then you need to cut out/eat minimal carbs. Seriously. Enough with the carbs...

amen.

But how come some people can clear on a diet consisting of just mainly fruit and veg? Im not favouring either side, it just makes it difficult to know what to do when one place says one thing whilst another says something completely different.

But how come some people can clear on a diet consisting of just mainly fruit and veg? Im not favouring either side, it just makes it difficult to know what to do when one place says one thing whilst another says something completely different.

There seems to be 2 diet camps in curing candida; one says starve them out with a low to no-carb diet, the other says that fat promotes carbs sticking around longer and so they feed candida more readily and by this reasoning they recommend a very low-fat diet.

IMO, you should experiment and see which works best for you. Both have people who claimed it worked for them, so I'd say either one would be worth a shot.

I was on antibiotics for a while as well and I think that's part of the reason I have acne. I recently went on the 80-10-10 diet, which is a diet primarily of fruits and vegetables. I haven't had acne on the 2+ weeks I've been on the diet. What's interesting is that my sebum production seems to have totally normalized (I used to have really oily skin).

I tried the high fat diet and it made my acne a lot worse. I actually got deep cysts from it and I still have the marks from it. A really bad experience.

Why someone would go on a "no fat" diet when fat is essential to life, when carbs are not... I don't get.

I've convinced myself the way to cure your acne personally is a low carb diet.

Ultimately, we don't even have evidence that half the folks on internet forums who claim to have cured their candida infections through diet even had a candida infection in the first place--and if they did, we don't know if they did manage to cure it.

My suggestion to you is to try the fruit/vegetable candida diet, if you want to. If it doesn't work, then try the low-carb one.

Before you get obsessive over the whole candida thing, though, I suggest you read this article. It gives an alternate perspective on an issue that rarely gets spoken out on from alternate perspectives.

Why someone would go on a "no fat" diet when fat is essential to life, when carbs are not... I don't get.

I've convinced myself the way to cure your acne personally is a low carb diet.

From one site that i found this information claims this....

"Candida overgrowth can persist for a long time only if there is a constant supply of food. Meaning your blood sugar levels remain constantly high.

This is an issue with insulin receptors. A condition called insulin resistance. One of the main, though my no means the only, causes of insulin resistance is eating too much fat.

Just don't follow the traditional, or common sense, advice when it comes to Candida. It's based on the idea that Candida eats sugar (glucose). Carbohydrates are broken down to sugar. So you should avoid carbohydrates. The remedy then is low-carbohydrate diet, which are always high in fat.

The problem with this is that glucose is only an issue when it stays in the bloodstream too long (because of insulin resistance). With normally functioning insulin receptors glucose is quickly transported to cells and won't feed Candida.

To make matters worse these high-fat diets keep recreating the same problem over and over. High-fat diet -> insulin resistance -> chronically high glucose levels -> Candida and acne."

I agree on fat been essential though, if i ever tried this i would only consier doing it for a 2 or 3 weeks i think, apparently you should see or start to see results by then.

Ultimately, we don't even have evidence that half the folks on internet forums who claim to have cured their candida infections through diet even had a candida infection in the first place--and if they did, we don't know if they did manage to cure it.

My suggestion to you is to try the fruit/vegetable candida diet, if you want to. If it doesn't work, then try the low-carb one.

Before you get obsessive over the whole candida thing, though, I suggest you read this article. It gives an alternate perspective on an issue that rarely gets spoken out on from alternate perspectives.

Thanks for the link, i shall have a read of that site, plus your very right on those people who claim to have cured there candida by the spefic diet they went on.

Just as its fats that do seem to give me problems, i am going to condier the fruit and veg diet but for only for a certain amount of time. But before deciding im going to have a read of that link!

Thanks for the link, i shall have a read of that site, plus your very right on those people who claim to have cured there candida by the spefic diet they went on.

Just as its fats that do seem to give me problems, i am going to condier the fruit and veg diet but for only for a certain amount of time. But before deciding im going to have a read of that link!

Paul25; you may also want to check out the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet). It's basic premise is eating things that the body is equipped to digest and that won't sit, ferment and feed bad bacteria. I've been following it off/on for a bit and I always go back to following it religiously when problems arise. Out of all the diets I've tried (and I've pretty much tried everything besides vegan, vegetarian or raw food diets), this one has by far given me the greatest results both in terms of skin health and well-being.

You can also look it up on youtube; loads of parents have used it to help improve their autistic children's symptoms and there's also quite a few ppl who've resolved numerous digestive issues following the SCD. Have a look at the science behind it too; pretty interesting read.

Best of luck.

My experience:

High fruit + veg + very little fat = clear skin

Low/no fruit + veg + moderate/high fat = clear skin

It seems fruit and fat hate each other in my body. My experiences might be different as these are in a raw diet, not sure that cooked is as bad because I didn't notice it to the extent I do now when I was cooked.

My experience:

High fruit + veg + very little fat = clear skin

Low/no fruit + veg + moderate/high fat = clear skin

It seems fruit and fat hate each other in my body. My experiences might be different as these are in a raw diet, not sure that cooked is as bad because I didn't notice it to the extent I do now when I was cooked.

Ive heard from other people say the same about fruit and fat not going well for them. What condition was your skin in before you managed to find ways that you could keep it clear? The flakyness of my skin is one of the issues i really want to sort out, i hope going to a high fruit and veg diet will help that. Plus im then hoping my skin complexion will start to look better and the acne will fade. I dont believe it will be that simple though in the end.

Well I've been doing raw for a year and a half now, before that my skin was a mix of different spots from cysts to small white heads. It varied when I was getting used to my raw diet but it went nuclear when I was mixing fruit and fat and I hadn't a clue at that time what was causing it. I read 80/10/10 which sort of clarified things.

I normally did do quite high fat because I liked a lot of the raw recipes that had high fat stuff in them like avos, nuts etc. I also am a sucker for raw chocolate and olives. But I wasn't happy cos I knew I was missing out on soooooo many important minerals and vitamins which is when I started experimenting with fruit again. I do notice my skin in much better condition from eating lots of fruit - it's got tonnes of good stuff in it so that makes sense.

It really takes dedication though, for me, if I have anything too fatty combined with fruit then my skin breaks out in tiny bumps all across my forehead, jawline and round the sides of my face. fruit doesn't mix well with anything other than veg in my experience so I need to remain dedicated to the cause. Lots of greens is also key. I make sure I have a green juice or smoothie every day.

I really do think people have it wrong about the fruit sugar now (processed yeah, defo stay away from that). Nobody should be scared of fruit - it's what mother nature gave us little packets of tasty vitamins and minerals!

I have been juicing for the past 6 days, loads and loads and loads of fruit and obv very high sugar as there's no fibre in it. Loads of bananas, citrus you name it. And because I've done little fat (only had a couple of avos blended in a few different juices) my skin is absolutely fine.

Fruit sugar is not evil. High sugar and high fat is :)

The only way I did it was to fast for a week only drinking cucumbers. The used Olive leaf and oil of oregano. I stick to 2 kiwis per day and eat 2 high carb meals a week (sweet or white potatoes) the reast of my carbs are from vegtables. Coconut oil is another weapon to beat candidia. Also chromium and alpha lipolic acid help the action of insulin to drive carbs from the blood into the cells and muscles! I can hand on heart say a high sugar/fruit combo will only lead to keeping candidia alive.

However if your body is glucogen deprived you can get away with eating more carbs...this generally happens after a body workout and exercise. I think the body holds around 60-150 grams of carbs in muscles. So if you workout and drain the muscle of glucogen and refill it every few days it helps drive the carbs into muscle without feeding candidia. Similar to a cycling diet where you only eat one main food source without mixing. I Found this to be the best for skin, muscle and vigor.

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/fruitreport.pdf

Heres something to read as well about fruit, it also mentions about candida and fat been the issue.

I wanted to bang my head against the wall after reading that article...

You can find an article to support pretty much any diet you want if you search for it.

True, but im just glad to find more people supporting that fat is the actual problem. Ive taken antibiotics for a while a few years ago so im sure i have candida but it never made sense that things like cod liver oil and avacados made my skin worse, this document and other websites claiming the same thing could explain why.