Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

Do I eat way too much?

I feel like I'm eating way too much. Here's a typical day of eating for me:

Morning:

Don't really get hungry then, I usually have nothing at all. Sometimes I'll drink a glass of milk or snack a little.

Lunch:

2 sandwiches, 2 pieces of fruit (normally whole banana, apple, or pear, and they're big pieces too)

Cup of yogurt, 2-4 big carrots, and sometimes I'll throw in a snack food like crackers as well.

Afternoon:

Between lunch and dinner I'll get hungry enough to eat a whole meal's worth. I'll have something like 2 quesidias (sp?), some fruit or veggies, a large bowl of cereal, and a hot dog or two. Oh and a tall glass of orange juice, apple juice, water, or milk to go with it.

Dinner:

10 chicken nuggets, whole hamburger, plate of fries, and maybe a bowl of pasta too. That's about how much I eat to fill myself up. I also take my vitamins here. Plus another tall glass of orange juice, apple juice, water, or milk.

Before bed:

Right before bed I'll snack on crackers or chips or something until I'm satisfied. I'll also drink down a full glass of lemon juice.

So, am I a total pig or what? Or is this about what a normal teenage boy eats in a given day? Also, could the food have anything to do with my acne?

I think your crossed the line into Pigdomness with that full glass of lemon juice. >_< j/k

Otherwise, naw..your diet is just like mine .. :D (and I'm thin) OINK! :razz:

are you talking straight up lemon juice? or lemonade? :eh:

If you are eating because you are actually hungry and not just eating because it tastes good and you aren't overweight or the food isn't negatively affecting your life, then it's fine.

If you are eating because you are actually hungry and not just eating because it tastes good and you aren't overweight or the food isn't negatively affecting your life, then it's fine.

Ditto!

That was actually fun to read. XD

Anyway, I am in agreement with everyone else. If you're actually hungry, have a healthy weight and exercise regularly, don't worry about it. We teenagers, males especially (from what I have seen and experienced through my brothers and male friends, anyway, as I am female), are prone to a very large appetite and are also likely gifted with the metabolism of steel. Enjoy it while you can!

Morning:

Don't really get hungry then, I usually have nothing at all. Sometimes I'll drink a glass of milk or snack a little.

Lunch:

2 sandwiches, 2 pieces of fruit (normally whole banana, apple, or pear, and they're big pieces too)

Cup of yogurt, 2-4 big carrots, and sometimes I'll throw in a snack food like crackers as well.

Afternoon:

Between lunch and dinner I'll get hungry enough to eat a whole meal's worth. I'll have something like 2 quesidias (sp?), some fruit or veggies, a large bowl of cereal, and a hot dog or two. Oh and a tall glass of orange juice, apple juice, water, or milk to go with it.

Dinner:

10 chicken nuggets, whole hamburger, plate of fries, and maybe a bowl of pasta too. That's about how much I eat to fill myself up. I also take my vitamins here. Plus another tall glass of orange juice, apple juice, water, or milk.

Before bed:

Right before bed I'll snack on crackers or chips or something until I'm satisfied. I'll also drink down a full glass of lemon juice.

So, am I a total pig or what? Or is this about what a normal teenage boy eats in a given day? Also, could the food have anything to do with my acne?

That might be a bit more than normal but your not a pig dont think that...i have three teenage brothers and they eat less than that. It sounds to me like you are eating a large quantity of food and not being fully satisfied with it- yes?? if thats the case I would tell you to lower your carbohydrate content and increase the amount of protein & fat that you eat...yes i said more fat. and no it wont make you fat if you eat fat- it will make you ripped. especially if you exercise. I have always had a problem with an enormous appetite and eating an almost exclusively protein,fat and veggies diet has put the brakes on my appetite big time. If you dont believe me, watch people eat sometime out at a restaurant...the compulsive eaters are most always eating sugary-starchy foods like bread pasta candy ice cream fries and chips...there are not too many compulsive steak eaters if you notice... its a rare breed indeed. I believe that people with huge apptites are not eating the foods their body is craving.. like fats and proteins...they eat too many carbohydrates and while they eat enormous amounts of food they will never feel very full for long because the are starving themselves of those two macronutrients that their bodies need so desperately. try it out and see if that helps. goodluck <3

Well I'll tell you what I eat on a regular day...

BREAKY - 2 Wholegrain crackers with dairy free spread & a smear of Vegemite + 5 prunes.

LUNCH - 2 Wholegrain crackers with tuna, tomato & cracked pepper + apple for dessert.

DINNER - Salad w tomato, cucumber, celery, mushroom, avocado, pineapple, beetroot, olives, egg & pine nuts, olive oil as a dressing + handful blueberries for dessert.

So yeah, you seem to eat a lot but if I could eat as much as you and maintain my weight then I probably would!!! But as soon as I have a few bad days it shows up on the scales :(

Morning:

Lunch:

Afternoon:

Dinner:

Before bed:

Compared to me, that really is a lot. I can eat 10 chicken nuggets for dinner and be done. I am underweight though. :shifty: But you really have a pretty good diet. Of course, the nuggets, hamburger, and fries could always be dealt away, but you have such a variety of foods I think you complete the whole food pyramid.

But, like said before, if you aren't overweight then I see nothing wrong with it. Unless there is something wrong internally, but I doubt that, since there isn't too many sugars in your list.

Well I'll tell you what I eat on a regular day...

BREAKY - 2 Wholegrain crackers with dairy free spread & a smear of Vegemite + 5 prunes.

LUNCH - 2 Wholegrain crackers with tuna, tomato & cracked pepper + apple for dessert.

DINNER - Salad w tomato, cucumber, celery, mushroom, avocado, pineapple, beetroot, olives, egg & pine nuts, olive oil as a dressing + handful blueberries for dessert.

So yeah, you seem to eat a lot but if I could eat as much as you and maintain my weight then I probably would!!! But as soon as I have a few bad days it shows up on the scales :(

Omg Id die if thats all I ate!

LOL :surprised:

dude you are a typical teen and as long as you dont have any negative effects then its alright my bro was the same way but actually kinda worse he ate through (LITERALLY) the fridge in a WEEK!

So as long as your health stays the same its ok but about your acne it seems like some of the things you eat would totally screw up my face!")

I eat on the same pattern as you do - no breakfast, lunch, then afternoon meal, then dinner.

I'm a girl so I don't eat quite as much, but I still eat a lot. So long as your eating foods that are healthy, and watching out for inflammatory foods then your good.

I do think its good to give your body a break occasionally though, by cutting back on eating. Its good to fast sometimes because it gives your digestive system a break. And digestive health is an important part of controlling acne.