Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forever16

My Diet Log and Effects->

*So i decided after reading quite alot of post's of how changing peoples diets has helped them in the past and reduced their acne i decided to eat a little healthier including eliminating dairy,chocolates, sodas, sugars, etc.

Now im not going to say what i eat is what most would consider being a health fanatic but its ALOT better then how i used to eat because in the past i went against ALL my instincts and convinced my self that eating M&M's everyday with a cherry coke and a Bag of hot cheetos wouldnt hurt me :rolleyes: ..But after reading a little and studying up i decided to try this and make a log of how eating better is helping me..soo if you have anything to say about some of the stuff that i eat that you might disapprove of then i would be very greatful for your input")

Also if you would like to put some suggestions such as recipes and alternatives then you are gladly welcome to do this by all means")

Please and thank you :dance:

MY FOOD CALENDER

*Monday- April 13th

>Breakfast: Eggs/w onions, green bell peppers, and soy cheese/ Vanilla Rice milk

*Snack:Poppy seed almond muffins (3 mini) w/ Vanilla rice milk

*Snack: Apple and strawberries

>Lunch: Bean burrito w/ Soy cheese & Small portion of chicken rice made from a box

>Dinner: Water/ salad & lemon

*Beverages (that were dranken throughout the day): Vanilla Rice milk & Water

*RESULTS: Morning-> woke with One new pimple (inflamed) The exsisting pimples were more raised and redder. A couple of small pimples on my upper lip.

*Dscontinue->Muffins & Rice chicken

* Just as a side note im trying to eat healthy so my skin will look better by my birthday..Hope it works :pray:

Tuesday- April 14th

>Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ honey & stawberries

* Water

>Lunch: Bean and cheeseburrito w/ Water

*Snack: Water/ Hot cheetos w/ Lime Small portion of a Snow cone

*Water

*Mcdonals Parfait

*Bean burrito (No cheese)

*Grapes

*Results: In the Morning I woke with No new pimples") Left Side-> One raised pore I had is beggining to hurt?? Hope It doesn't turn into a cyst :pray:

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Hot cheetos, Snow Cone And CHEESE!

Wensday-April 15th

>Breakfast: Oatmeal-Honey-Strawberris-Bluberries

*Water

>Lunch: Subway/Mayo/Mustard/Turkey/Veggies

*Mcdonalds Grilled chicken w/ a litlle bit of hot sauce

*Apple

>Dinner: Ranch Style Beans-Salad W/ grilled chicken & Lime

*Bowl of Kashi Cereal w/ Vanilla Rice Milk

*Water (2 Bottles)

*Half of a Multi-vitamin

*Results:NO NEW PIMPLES!! The Pimple That Was Hurting me has come to a head (Left Side). I also have a scab on the left side from an earlier pimple.

Right Side-> Exsisting Pimples have gone Down")

Chin->Clear

Forehead->A couple of raised pores from the day before but they seem to be going away")

Keeping my Fingers crossed :)

Discontinue-> McDonalds Hot BBQ sauce

Thursday-April 16th

>Breakfast: Oatmeal-honey-strawberries-blueberries

*Water(All day)

*grapes

>Lunch:Ranch Style Beans (3 bowls)

*Grapes

>Dinner: Bowl of Kashi Cereal w/ Rice Milk

*Results:One New Pimple :wall: In between my Eyebrows...It hurts"(

No New Pimples on my cheeks or chin exsisting pimples are less red and less inflamed.

Except the one on my left cheek..Since I picked at it last night, and that was a mistake :doh:

Discontinue->So Much RSB!

If you can you should replace the rice milk with something healthier. Rice milk has almost no nutritional content other than what it is supplemented with so something like hemp/soy/oat milk will be better for you. Rice milk is very high in sugar which is not good for an "acne diet".

Also, instead of eliminating foods why dont you try adding some? You dont really seem to eat any whole foods and that is probably more your problem. Eat some raw fruits and veggies (or at least steamed), whole grains like brown rice, millet, quinoa, etc. and drink some more water.

I cannot really help you much with recipes because I'm vegan and you probably dont want a diet as restrictive as mine so Ill just suggest these two websites:

http://allrecipes.com/

If you hover over the more link over the search engine you can do an advanced search and find recipes that meet certain criteria

...and....

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

You can look up nutritional content of various foods.

I think amonsterheart raises a good point.

If you were to prepare your own healthy grains like brown rice, oats, etc you could save the cooking water and squeeze out excess moisture from the cooked grains, giving you a very healthy milk that is free of additives. Try sweetening it with vanilla and stevia, or use it to thicken soups and stews or make sauces for stir-fry. You can then use the leftover grains or rice for baked goods like fruit muffins or pancakes.

If you can you should replace the rice milk with something healthier. Rice milk has almost no nutritional content other than what it is supplemented with so something like hemp/soy/oat milk will be better for you. Rice milk is very high in sugar which is not good for an "acne diet".

Also, instead of eliminating foods why dont you try adding some? You dont really seem to eat any whole foods and that is probably more your problem. Eat some raw fruits and veggies (or at least steamed), whole grains like brown rice, millet, quinoa, etc. and drink some more water.

I cannot really help you much with recipes because I'm vegan and you probably dont want a diet as restrictive as mine so Ill just suggest these two websites:

http://allrecipes.com/

If you hover over the more link over the search engine you can do an advanced search and find recipes that meet certain criteria

...and....

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

You can look up nutritional content of various foods.

Hey THANKS!

I tried a green smoothie and it was DELICIOUS at first i was like WTF??

But i had all the ingredients so i decided to try it and it was really good thanks")

And the next time i go grocery shopping ill buy the hemp milk :angel:

Friday-April 17th

>Breakfast:Oatmeal-honey-strawberries-blueberries

*water (all day)

>Lunch:Eggs-green bell peppers-onions-pepper(pinch)-soy chees-a very few slices of roasted turkey

*Grapes

>Dinner:Bean burrito w/ soy cheese (2)

*Sliced apple w/ lime

*Results:Right side-> No new pimples.. A few scattered Non-inflamed pimples seem to be going down.

Left side->Scab is completly gone. Burn is going away and the pimple that i messed with earlier is going down and drying up fast a few scattered small (non inflamed) pimples i used to have are going down.

Forehead->No new pimples the pimple that used to be in between my eyebrows is going down and no longer hurts :D

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Nothing.

Friday-April 17th

*water (all day)

>Lunch:Eggs-green bell peppers-onions-pepper(pinch)-soy chees-a very few slices of roasted turkey

*Grapes

*Sliced apple w/ lime

*Results:Right side-> No new pimples.. A few scattered Non-inflamed pimples seem to be going down.

Left side->Scab is completly gone. Burn is going away and the pimple that i messed with earlier is going down and drying up fast a few scattered small (non inflamed) pimples i used to have are going down.

Forehead->No new pimples the pimple that used to be in between my eyebrows is going down and no longer hurts :D

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Nothing.

replace the honey with stevia! :)

Get rid of the grapes! High in sugars. You should consider buying Ezekiel bread! ^^

, Chicken breast, and salads. ( add extra virgin olive oil and avocados! )

You need fats.

Friday-April 17th

*water (all day)

*Grapes

*Sliced apple w/ lime

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Nothing.

Get rid of the grapes! High in sugars. You should consider buying Ezekiel bread! ^^

You need fats.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Ive been looking for breads that i could eat this really helps but one question where can i buy ezekiel bread???????????

and ill stop the grapes")

even though they havent seemed to be doing anything?? :think:

Friday-April 17th

*water (all day)

*Grapes

*Sliced apple w/ lime

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Nothing.

You need fats.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Ive been looking for breads that i could eat this really helps but one question where can i buy ezekiel bread???????????

If you think that grapes is not giving you problem , then continue to eat. But in moderation :P

It should be in health stores, look in the freezer section! Or ask them if they have "ezekiel bread I love adding extra virgin coconut oil into the bread ( toasted ) to get healthy fats ^^

Friday-April 17th

*water (all day)

*Grapes

*Sliced apple w/ lime

Chin->Still clear

Discontinue->Nothing.

You need fats.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

If you think that grapes is not giving you problem , then continue to eat. But in moderation :P

It should be in health stores, look in the freezer section! Or ask them if they have "ezekiel bread I love adding extra virgin coconut oil into the bread ( toasted ) to get healthy fats ^^

WOW this is really helpful thanks dude ill be sure to try it")")")")

Saturday-April 18th

>Breakfast:Oatmeal-honey-strawberries-Blueberries

*Water (All DAY)

*2 mini rice cakes (Honey nut)

*Half a chocolate chip cookie (Organic,gluten free,non dairy,Wheat free)

>lunch:Bean burrito

*Green smoothie-Strawberries, banana, blueberries, honey, (2 handfuls) Lettuce,Flax seeds

>Dinner:salad w/ grilled chicken

*Kashi cereal w/ Rice milk (Vanilla)

*1/2 multivitamin

Results:Right Side->Exisiting pimples are smaller and practically gone a new Small pimple near my nose.(PLEASE GOD DONT LET IT TURN INTO SOMETHING!!!!! :pray: )

Left side:->The pimple that i messed with is totally gone my burn is gone (But there is a small bump under the burn??) :think: And scattered pimples have gone down.

Forehead->The pimple in between my eyebrows is gone and a few raised pores are leaving. A pimple is starting to hurt somewhere near my hair line..

Chin->STILL CLEAR :dance:

Discontinue->Chocolate CC (organic)

(For awhile)..

SORRY! its been awhile since i posted whats going on sooo heres whats happened so far")

Sunday-April 19

>Breakfast:Egg-green bell pepper-onions-soy cheese-pinch of pepper

*Water (all day)

*Apple w/ lime

>Lunch:Bean burrito w/ Soy cheese

*Couple of whole grain crackers

*Green smoothie

>Dinner:Taboule (Green onions, cilantro, tomato, cracked wheat, olive oil, lime,) W/ whole wheat pita (1/2)

Results:Right side-> 2 active pimples dont hurt and near my nose they arent red a few new VERY Small pimples and are going down fast.")

Left side->The bump that was under my burn is a pimple though it is not that big. Scattered very small pimples gone down yet still linger. Forehead->The pimple that was hurting me near my hairline doesnt hurt anymore and has gone down(Less red) Chin->Small bump non-inflamed (Not Red)

Discontinue->Wheat (For awhile)

*Side note-> In conclusion of the end of the week My pimples are a LOT less bad and i am very happy with the effects :dance:

Its SOOOO much less noticable and alot less biger also")

Monday-April 20

>Breakfast:Oat meal ( the usual)

*Water (TONS OF IT) all day

*3-4 grapes

*Half an M&M cookie

*1 small pepperoni

*Grapes

>Beans with pita(1)

*Green Smoothie

*10 olives

*a couple of crackers(Whole grain)

>Dinner:Salad w/ grilled chicken and pepper and lime

*Grapes

*Kashi cereal w/ rice milk

*Half a multi vitamin

Results: Left side->Clear except for that one bump that used to be under my burn (Although it

is lookin a lot better)

Right side->The 2 small bumps near my nose are still there but a tiny bit redder. Other pimples are gone totally")") :dance:

Forehead-> Clear between my eyebrows and the bump near my hairline is still going down

Chin->the small bump that used to be there is no longer there. (Clear

Discontinue->M&M Cookie/pepperoni.

(Whole grain crackers for now)