Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.LittleMissSad.

People think acne is our fault. Jesus.

I hate the way people think that only teenagers can have acne, and that if you have acne, you're disgusting. As if we don't keep ourselves clean and eat loads of McDonalds and then rub it on our faces. They think we're lazy, too. They think it's all our fault, when really, we're probably cleaner than they are and we try to eat as healthy as we can, plus we put a lot of time and energy into trying to look better. People have asked me questions like "Do you eat a lot of cheese" when they have fricken' dreadlocks that are just drippin' with grease! Overweight old people trying to tell me to eat healthier to get rid of those "spots".

Hah, sorry, I'm ranting... but it definately upsets me that I am not an unhealthy person, although it seems like way to people through the way I look. And I thought we weren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. :think:

I understand what you mean. Actually, I know EXACTLY what you mean. The people who say these things don't understand what it's like to struggle with acne, probably because they've never dealt with it themselves. They're ignorant and that's all there is to it.

Even if they have dealt with acne, they're just trying to make themselves feel better by putting others down.

I'm sorry people give you a hard time about it, things will get better I promise!

And don't stop ranting, it's good for you. Don't EVER bottle things up. hugs!

Of course they do. Misinformation spreads like crazy. People are more willing to go by what they're told instead of researching the condition. I've been told that I should just use proactiv, and everything should work out.

that bugs me more than my acne itself!!!

just want to walk up to them and go whack! over their heads XD

its like why on earth would anyone want acne? its not like we choose to have it, we are paying the big bucks to get rid of it. its hormones and genetics! XP

I know!! I was playing a board game with friends and then one of the answers was "Picking zits." A girl said "Picking Zits!? I've never heard of that! Why don't they just put Neutrogena on it?"

I felt so embarrassed when she said that.. because that was when my face was really bad!!

I think its even worse when you TELL people that you have been trying to get rid of acne in every way imaginable...and then they behave as if you are either too dirty or ignorant to understand hygene. For instance, when I went on birth control, I told a friend it was primarily because I was hoping to correct a hormonal imbalance that may have been causing my acne. I said that I had tried BP, tea tree oil, prescription drugs (although I'm pretty sure my school's student health program is full of hacks and quackis...probably a reason I haven't managed to knock the acne, but who knows how much I should blame them? Soem acne, excellent doctors can't cure). I told her all the money I couldn't afford to spend, yet found some way to spent in attempts to rid myself of acne. She had the nerve to tell me to wash twice daily, wash my sheets, stop eating dairy, and (this, I am not making up) to stop eating peanut butter!

Perhaps my reply was a little too sarcastic...Something about how I've been living in blindness for a year now doing everythig exept wash my ####### face to cure acne.

its all too easy to tears others down and persecute when in reality if we weren't in our positions we'd likely be like them. I mean who hear researched into acne, accutane, scar treatment, etc whilst they were clear? It is all really due to ignorance and misinformation but you can't say you'd really care about said misinformation if you never got acne in the first place.

Nope. I probably wouldn't care, but I'm also not the type to look at someone's weight and suggest atkins. I'm not going to ask a bald man to try rogaine. People don't like having their insecurities pointed out. All we are asking for is some tact and sensitivity.

Well, I believe we should just saw their legs and arms off and then proceed to wash ourselves with their blood once we were finished. After, we could blame it them considering it was they who had led us to doing such an atrocity (If they hadn't bled out already and died, of course!). :)

Whoa. You should tone it down. I agree that people can be rude and inconsiderate, but you can't fight the world with that anger.

well no one has ever said anyhting bout my acne really but one time in 8th grade (Im now in 9th grade)

there was this guy named MJ and he had bad acne and there was these girls that thought (and still think) that they are the shit so Valentines day come around and they decide to be bitches so in front of the entire 8th (those who werent there heard bout it later) grade they went up to him and handed him a wrapped present and so he took it and opened in front of the lunch room and it was a box of practiv he looked like he wanted to die of embarrasment.. I was just thinking those bitches!!

and i felt really bad for him"(

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

well no one has ever said anyhting bout my acne really but one time in 8th grade (Im now in 9th grade)

there was this guy named MJ and he had bad acne and there was these girls that thought (and still think) that they are the shit so Valentines day come around and they decide to be bitches so in front of the entire 8th (those who werent there heard bout it later) grade they went up to him and handed him a wrapped present and so he took it and opened in front of the lunch room and it was a box of practiv he looked like he wanted to die of embarrasment.. I was just thinking those bitches!!

and i felt really bad for him"(

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Wow. That's cruel. :( Karma is going to bite some of those girls. Not that I would wish acne on anyone, even mean girls, but yeah. Some of them are going to get a rude awakening when they wake up with pimples of their own!

People who haven't dealt with chronic acne really don't understand. I know people look at me and think, 'WTH, take care of yourself!' If they only knew all the crap I struggle through to face (literally) each and every day...

I agree with the post 100%, I always believe that I'm cleaner and eating healthier than most of my friends, but those acnes just won't go away...It feels really bad.

People who dont suffer from acne dont really know how to deal with it or treat it because they have never had to deal with. There are some ignorant people who think they know the answer to everything and that proactive or a tube of clearisil is a magic cure. I'm sure in the head of an ignorant person who has never suffered from acne they are probably thinking they are doing us a favor by suggesting we use shit hole products that does nothing but mess up our face even more.

There are some people that are so ignorant they think they know the answer to acne. Honestly, i would never take skin care advice or be wary of taking skin care advice from someone who has never had acne. What good advice for clearing up my skin could they give me if they never had acne themselves. I want advice from a now clear person that has tried everything under the sun like me and somehow found something to clear their face.

Not all clear skin people are ignornant tho, we have to realize that. I'm guessing the clear skinned folk who dont say anything or bring up your acne know of the acne disorder and know its not just as easy as giving up mcdonalds. They are sweet enough to know that it can be emotionally draining for an acne sufferer to have acne. But then again, there are those bitches who handed that poor guy a box of proactive.

People who dont suffer from acne dont really know how to deal with it or treat it because they have never had to deal with. There are some ignorant people who think they know the answer to everything and that proactive or a tube of clearisil is a magic cure. I'm sure in the head of an ignorant person who has never suffered from acne they are probably thinking they are doing us a favor by suggesting we use shit hole products that does nothing but mess up our face even more.

There are some people that are so ignorant they think they know the answer to acne. Honestly, i would never take skin care advice or be wary of taking skin care advice from someone who has never had acne. What good advice for clearing up my skin could they give me if they never had acne themselves. I want advice from a now clear person that has tried everything under the sun like me and somehow found something to clear their face.

Not all clear skin people are ignornant tho, we have to realize that. I'm guessing the clear skinned folk who dont say anything or bring up your acne know of the acne disorder and know its not just as easy as giving up mcdonalds. They are sweet enough to know that it can be emotionally draining for an acne sufferer to have acne. But then again, there are those bitches who handed that poor guy a box of proactive.

There are some people that just like to be cruel. Their only source of happiness is putting down people. That Proactive story is very disturbing. Those girls are disgusting, borderline psychotic.

I know many people who would never put down anybody, but I also know a lot that enjoy that. Those people are worthless in my opinion and I have no respect for them. I could never be friends with people that make fun of others.

it's normal. people often find comfort in pointing out - and amplifying - others' imperfections. it makes them feel more secure about themselves.

don't let it bug you.