Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
small-town-clown

Can I use the Acne.org regimen once daily?

Sometimes I suggest a once daily routine for people who have sensitive skin or mild acne. The beauty of the regimen is that you can customise it to meet your personal needs. It never all or nothing.

yeah i found that the first few months of the regimen was trial and error to really customize it for urself

at first i was using it twice a day but my skin became dry and very red, so i started just using it just in the morning which worked perfect, my skin was still a bit dry but i could deal with it

and then after bout a year i changed it to just putting it on at night and again i didnt have any problems and also most of the dryness went away and been doin this now for about 2 years

it depends on ur skin, but once u try something then stick with it for at least a few weeks coz at first u might get an initial breakout but that will go away, its just about getting ur skin used to a particular regimen

aanyway hope all goes well

Sometimes I suggest a once daily routine for people who have sensitive skin or mild acne. The beauty of the regimen is that you can customise it to meet your personal needs. It never all or nothing.

Thats some of the best advice Ive read on this site :)

It kind of depends on how your skin reacts. Some people can't get/stay clear using The Regimen only once a day, and others can.

I'm wondering about using the regimen once a day also. Something has to change, but I'm not sure what. I'm nervous about trying anything else without some help or suggestions. I don't want my skin to go back to the old!

This is what I do:

AM

Wash for ten seconds gently with one pump of Dan's cleanser

Wait a few minutes

Apply one ring finger's worth of Dan's BP gently with the tip of my ring fingers

Wait a few minutes

Apply one ring finger's worth of Dan's moisturizer gently with the tip of my ring fingers

PM

Wash for ten seconds gently with one pump of Dan's cleanser

Wait a few minutes

Apply one ring finger's worth of Dan's BP gently with the tip of my ring fingers

Wait a few minutes

Apply one ring finger's worth of Dan's AHA gently with the tip of my ring fingers

I have been doing this since January of this year. My face is no longer red, and I'm happy in that I have no more new pimples and the old scars are fading. However, my face is still sooooo dry! Flaking is occuring next to my nose, on the ridge between my eyebrows, and from right under my mouth around the sides and all the way down to the tip of my chin. I'm so sick of it! I thought it would go away once my skin got used to everything, but the flaking and dryness has not gone away.

C'est le vigne - suggestions?

(I will also post this as my own new topic in the Acne.org Regimen area of the messageboards)

You know, whenever my face gets dry, those are the exact spots I start flaking too. I've found that if I just go over my face gently with a washcloth at the very end of my shower, after my skin's had a chance to soften up, it gets rid of the flakes. Then I just moisturize afterward.

If your skin's still dry, you could try slowly decreasing the amount of BP you're using in the morning and see if that helps. Maybe you can get away with using it only at night.

Just take it slowly, and see how your skin reacts each time you lower the amount you use. That way you can find the minimum amount of BP you need to stay clear.

And don't be afraid to use more moisturizer if you need it!

If you're experiencing dryness and flakiness, I'd strongly recommend switching to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion if you weren't using them already. I recently made this switch after using Dan's Cleanser and Moisturizer and it's been a fantastic change in my routine. The cleanser is so gentle, I no longer have a dry, tight feeling or even any visible flakes after cleansing like I'd always get when using Dan's. And the lotion is nice because it takes care of flakiness so well. No jojoba oil is needed now and I don't get that oil slick feel on my face that I got with Dan's Moisturizer + J.O. They were good, high quality products, but I personally really like these Cetaphil ones much better for my skin.

You know, whenever my face gets dry, those are the exact spots I start flaking too. I've found that if I just go over my face gently with a washcloth at the very end of my shower, after my skin's had a chance to soften up, it gets rid of the flakes. Then I just moisturize afterward.

If your skin's still dry, you could try slowly decreasing the amount of BP you're using in the morning and see if that helps. Maybe you can get away with using it only at night.

Just take it slowly, and see how your skin reacts each time you lower the amount you use. That way you can find the minimum amount of BP you need to stay clear.

And don't be afraid to use more moisturizer if you need it!

This is excellent advice.

Thats some of the best advice Ive read on this site :)

I have to agree, a lot of ppl here are pushing for the use of the regimen twice a day...realistically speaking not everyone's skin can manage with that so trying once a day couldn't hurt, and then see if u can handle twice a day...if not resort back to what you were ok with! =)