Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monte E.

Started Accutane

Hey all. I just started Accutane (Sotret) today. I'm really excited about this and I'm ready to finally clear up. So I just got a quick question. What are ya'll doing along with the Accutane in regards to:

- Any extra Vitamins

- What ya'll do in the morning, like moisturizers or washes

- Same goes for at night

Also, what kind of soap is good for using after exercising during the day, so not cleansing at night or in the morning?

Thanks so much.

Hi, Monte E. Every now and then I took a milk thistle and fish oil capsule, but I hate popping pills anymore so I was bad about it. Guess you could say I didn't take much at all in the grand scheme of things. In the morning I washed with Cetaphil or plain water if my skin felt too dry. I used Cetaphil moisturizer and then switched to Neutrogena spf30 because my skin became insanely photosensitive. For night, same thing, but was also using Retin-a Micro 0.04% a couple of times a week to keep my skin used to it (used it before and now after).

Different folks do different things though. It all depends on how your skin reacts. You'll know if you don't think you need a cleanser...if you're too dry. You'll know if your skin needs extra moisture with more creams - I kept a bottle at work because sometimes I felt like the Sahara.

One thing I never went without though is lip balm - Carmex, Burt's Bees, whatever...just keep more than one tube. Whatever you do, keep one in your pocket. You will kick yourself if you're stuck somewhere without it. Oh, and here's the obligatory DRINK TONS OF WATER. :) Best wishes to you on your course.

As far as chapstick goes, apply if before bed because your lips will KILL by morning. At least mine did. Same goes for moisturizer, I always applied a little Cetaphil before bed.

Good luck on your course, stay positive! :nod:

There was only ONE face wash that didn't irritate my skin beyond belief.. Aveeno Ultra-Calming w/ feverfew! Everytime I tried something else my skin BURNED! So I would definitely say that's worth trying! & Cocoa butter works well as a moisturizer just about anywhere! GOOD LUCK :) it's totally worth it in the end!