Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This July it will be my birthday and I'll 23 yrs old. I should be in the prime of life, but all I can think about is that my acne is as bad as ever- its been 8 years that i've been dealing with this disease and its left me completely broken. Any form of social relationship that i've had has been ruined because i can't keep up the veneer of happiness or self-confidence that is needed when my skin looks so awful. I have tried so many treatments over the years, antibiotics, bp, accutane.. none of them have had any permanent effects.

Edited by ledzep

Hey Ledzep. What's up?

Listen, I used to be exactly like you (without the alcohol thing though). I used to hate my skin and it was all I can think of.. One day I just snapped and realised that I'm only going to be in this world ONCE. And if that's the case, the last thing I want to do is dwell on is my skin.

Ever since, I just let go and I started to pretend that nobody's opinions matter and to be quite frank, they actually don't.

We all have our imperfections. Don't think that people with clear skin have the best life in the world man.

As cliche as this sounds, life is what you make of it.

I hope therapy goes well and you find your path to happiness.

Peace.

I'll be the same age in July.

Maybe it's time for a different approach. Acne has controlled you for eight years. Acne is the puppeteer, and you're the dummy who has lost the feeling of life. I need you to understand that the choices you make now will live with you forever. Regret will evolve from guilt, and soon enough the pain will plunge deeper.

You have a right to be here. The double takes you get from strangers are magnified because of your low self-esteem. I understand you're dealing with severe depression, but maybe it's the time to kick ass and move on.

I used to close my eyes in bed for hours and imagine what my life should be like. The only thing is I skipped over the part where I was working towards my goals and what I wanted to achieve. I only saw success. I didn't care to see how difficult the process would be. You must envision a realistic dream that is attainable. You know how they say life only has a few special moments where you have the choice to change? I don't believe in that. I believe that each waking day presents a new moment. Don't compromise your potential.