Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan The Man

The odd/funny things Acne makes us do

When I used to talk to people, I would turn myself so they could only see the better side of my face or if we were walking together, I would move to the side of the person that I felt more comfortable on. :rolleyes:

Down to this day, I will always eat in the corner or away from other people.

Whenever someone would have a conversation with me and come close to me, I would almost get a panic attack and get beet red. :redface:

I became the master of excuses, I could lie my way out of anything.

Those are some of mine, what has Acne made you do?

I haven't really done anything stupid, but I constantly excused my way out of meetings and greetings and I spend a lot of time indoors picking at my skin. I also drink about 5 litres of water a day and eat a lorra hamster food.. as in musli ;)

Acne has made me the person I am today. It's made me much more aware of how others are feeling, and to not jump to any conclusions. I also think i'm more stronger than before, mental wise.

Odd things would probably be, making excuses a lot, using a different towel for my face, not letting anything touch my face, turning my mirror around in my room ^^

I've done a lot of odd things due to acne:

Ignored friends in the street.

Put a mixture of herbs and water on my face.

Worn badly applied foundation.

Become a hermit.

Dragged a brush across my chest to see if self harm would help.

Set myself reminders on my mobile so that when I woke up there would be a message from myself calling myself "worthless, acne scum".

Prayed that I wouldn't wake up the next day.

Trashed my room because I couldn't get onto Accutane.

Neglected girlfriends.

Drew a picture of a sad face and wrote "HATE" in it about a thousand times.

i really use a lot of towels its really crazy

and i used to just don' t answer my phone anymore

sometimes hard to look someone in the eyes when having a conversation

and a lot of excuses and lies

or just don't go to work without calling in sick (stupid thing to do)

it's really weird when i think of it.. why would i do this?

but i did learn to play guitar :) a positive thing

I do that all the time, walk on the side of people I feel comfortable on.

I don't have sleepovers, or go swimming like other girls.

I don't want to get close to people, because if they see my face, I'm embarrassed.

I hardly go out of the house. Not even to family members houses.

Sometimes, when it's really bad, I fake sick and fall behind in school.

In gym, I don't do stuff bcause in gymnastics, we have to roll on mats and if my face touches at all, it leaves a greasy spot.

I fight with my mom, who I love, just because I'm angry at my face.

And most of all, I miss out on life.

=[

i really use a lot of towels its really crazy

and i used to just don' t answer my phone anymore

sometimes hard to look someone in the eyes when having a conversation

and a lot of excuses and lies

or just don't go to work without calling in sick (stupid thing to do)

it's really weird when i think of it.. why would i do this?

but i did learn to play guitar :) a positive thing

I can relate soo much to you! specially the towels..I never use them on my face twice until I wash them again :confused: Plus i hate kissing people hi and good-bye.. :

1-I don't want them to feel any bump I might have

2-It might ruin my cover up make up

3-I don't want any oil or dirt some have on their faces on my skin!

Well, one benefit to having acne is that it forced me to eat a lot healthier (diet has some positive effect). Also, the benefit of eating healthy has saved me quite a bit of money. I use to eat fast food few times a week when I was too lazy to make food at home.

I avoid flash photography. Damn makeup!

I have to wake up about two hours BEFORE I go anywhere, because that's the amount of time it takes me to "comfortably" get ready. Meaning, not rushed. This includes shower, hair, makeup, clothes.

Also, when I'm with my boyfriend and leaning on his shoulder or something, I have to make sure my hair is in between his shirt and my face. I always feel like my makeup is rubbing off onto his shirt. I HATE that feeling.

I wonder sometimes if it's even worth it. Ah, well. Things will get better :nod:

guilty for avoiding people and wearing very badly applied foundation! XD anything to cover the cysts though lol

Every time I see a pimple (any pimple - not just mine), I always hear a voice inside me that keeps chanting, "Pop that pimple! Pop that pimple!" I think I got that from a Spongebob episode. Unfortunately, that voice makes me pop a pimple...but I am beginning to stop popping them.

Turn down invitations for a party or dinner.

Make sure I'm sitting in darker lighting if out somewhere.

Spend a ridiculous amount of time applying makeup that hardly helps.

Wish I had my fiance's flawless skin.

Apply concealer to spots before my fiance can see my face in the morning.

Skip surfing this summer because my face is so much worse than last summer.

Stress out way too much.

When I used to talk to people, I would turn myself so they could only see the better side of my face or if we were walking together, I would move to the side of the person that I felt more comfortable on. :rolleyes:

Whenever someone would have a conversation with me and come close to me, I would almost get a panic attack and get beet red. :redface:

the exact things you just mentioned =)

Also same as you. Panic attack is for me too, but if i initiate the conversation i don't get red :shrug: it only happens when someone else initiates it...i'm a weirdo.

I think acne has made me mildly Obsessive Compulsive.......especially with things about acne (pillowcase, stuff touching my face, cleaning hands a thousand times a day, etc)

I think acne has made me mildly Obsessive Compulsive.......especially with things about acne (pillowcase, stuff touching my face, cleaning hands a thousand times a day, etc)

Welcome to the club!!!

Oh my membership has been active about two years now :doh:

And i agree completly with your previous post. Like their (greeting people) lotion or makup may be comedogenic so i rather not greet them butwhen i do have to greet them i become a bit stiff of nervousness just thinking about what could happen :doubt:

Welcome to the club!!!

Oh my membership has been active about two years now :doh:

And i agree completly with your previous post. Like their (greeting people) lotion or makup may be comedogenic so i rather not greet them butwhen i do have to greet them i become a bit stiff of nervousness just thinking about what could happen :doubt:

:lol: My close relatives think I'm going crazy!..Glad I can tell them I'm not the only one ;)

I think having acne somehow made me also develop a sort of ocd for things like using a dirty towel or just things that are dirty in general, much like ben100604 and keeping faith and also letting people touch my face etc.

Some other things i do as a result of having acne:

Don't look others in the face when i talk to them.

Don't go swimming anymore (had it rly bad on my chest n back so its left some horrible scars)

Have bought more makeup in a year than my mother has in a lifetime.

Enjoy reading/napping more because it distracts me from remembering how bad I looked last time I checked.

Always wear my hair down. ALWAYS.

When I laugh, I laugh looking down.

I listen in on conversations, not join them.

99,99% of my free time I spend completely alone at home and I can go to extreme lengths just to avoid meeting and talking to anyone I know. Very odd, since most people would hate it and many thinks of me as a loser of some sort because of it and yet I quite like it. I also spend a lot of time obsessing over my skin.

The right side of my face is much better, since I have practically no red marks there. So most of the time I like having a person on the left side of me. Unless it's a girl I'm interested in. In that case I want her to see the right side of my face, so it doesn't come as a surprise later.

Have bought more makeup in a year than my mother has in a lifetime.

Enjoy reading/napping more because it distracts me from remembering how bad I looked last time I checked.

Always wear my hair down. ALWAYS.

When I laugh, I laugh looking down.

I listen in on conversations, not join them.

Careful with your hair. I used to wear my hair framing my face and it used to make me breakout right where my hair would touch my face :(

Now i am obsessed with my hair not touching my face :|

Also same as you. Panic attack is for me too, but if i initiate the conversation i don't get red :shrug: it only happens when someone else initiates it...i'm a weirdo.

Can I join this 'beet-red' club you guys are talking about, Not only is it one of my favourite vegetables but I also have basically the same problem. :lol: Talking to strangers is hit & miss for me, sometimes I go red sometimes I don't lol, the more stressed out I am the more likely it is I find. Oh and did I mention I have the skin shade of Casper the friendly bloody ghost, the contrast in the two colours seems to make it all the more obvious to others. :think:

Can I join this 'beet-red' club you guys are talking about, Not only is it one of my favourite vegetables but I also have basically the same problem. :lol: Talking to strangers is hit & miss for me, sometimes I go red sometimes I don't lol, the more stressed out I am the more likely it is I find. Oh and did I mention I have the skin shade of Casper the friendly bloody ghost, the contrast in the two colours seems to make it all the more obvious to others. :think:

:hifive: Welcome!

It sucks when concealer is a different color than your face cause you turned :redface: but your makeup did not :doubt: