Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poetic.existance

Melatonin and Acne???

Has anyone found that taking melatonin to help get to sleep causes acne? I really need help to sleep and bought a pack of Bioglan Sleep Well pills but am too scared to try it......

Melatonin is a hormone... could screw with your skin, potentially. Not a sure thing, so use at your own discretion. See what happens.

I take it every night to sleep and it makes no difference in my skin whatsoever. I even take more than it says to (it says two and I usually need 4 or 5 to sleep). I think for a lot of people it is all mental. If you think every new thing you take or eat is gonna break you out and thats all you think about, chances are you will.

why?

its the most powerful antioxidant yet known, it allows life to continue successfully by destroying free radicals and allowing your genetic information to copy itself sucessfully as well as many other benefits. Its released upon the sensation of darkness and makes you feel sleepy. Its the only antioxident that can reach the very nucleus of every cell in your body, there is no other antioxidant that can do this as of yet.

Really i dont know how it would make acne better, i just assumed it may help.

I take it every night to sleep and it makes no difference in my skin whatsoever. I even take more than it says to (it says two and I usually need 4 or 5 to sleep). I think for a lot of people it is all mental. If you think every new thing you take or eat is gonna break you out and thats all you think about, chances are you will.

Hmm, pretty much. The phenomenon is known as the placebo effect. I was thinking of taking a natural sleep aid whenever I randomly cannot for whatever reason fall asleep.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!