Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newmen

Should I go to accutane right away?

My dermatologist said that he wants to put me on accutane starting May 1st... The problem is that I will be graduating from high school at May 30 and he said not to worry about it because I will be better and that my acne will NOT get worst in that month...

What do you think?

I mean I want to look good for my graduation and prom, but I dont wanna look worst!...

Thanks!

All I can say is, Accutane could make your acne worse, or hopefully it could clear you.

Depending on how bad your acne is and how much it effects your life, e.g. scaring of the face, gives you the full right to Accutane when you know all the side effects and what could happen during the course. If your acne is not bad, and isn't a big thing in your life, then no I don't think you should go on it, because it could make your acne go from mild if it is to severe.

What ever you choose, I wish you the best of luck : )

i am also graduating may 30th. i started Accutane one month ago. i have han a very minor breakout. id say go for it...you have no idea what you will look like. right now, im so pleased with my skin!!!

good luck!

I say go for it! Although it may react differently to you, my skin looked the best it ever had after about one month! :)