Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pixxy

Popping nodule FAIL- What to do?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I have a large nodule or cyst (Not sure which) on my cheek. It's been bothering me for a few days and I thought it might be beginning to come to some sort of head. As I'm going out tomorrow night and want it flattened before then, I very stupidly tried to prick it with a needle to pop it. This did not work, i just pricked the skin a few times and blood came out of the pricks. Now it's obviously bigger, redder and more sore than before, and is probably going to leave a nasty scar.

Does anybody have any advice for me to minimise the damage at this point, and what to do about the bleeding?

Thanks,

Pixxy

I would hold a paper towel on it for about 30 seconds then immediately dab it with tea tree oil before it starts bleeding again. You could also wrap an ice cube in a paper towel, drizzle some water on it, then hold it to the affected area for a few minutes.

i'm also a fan of using a lot of jojobo before bed. it seems to calm my skin, and half a drop placed on the irritated spot somewhat reduce the irritation occurring when i pick and needle at nodules. i tend to do what you did often, and putting jojobo on my zit seems to help a bit. (: