Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myuhpapya

READ! People who are looking for the all natural way to clear acne!

I find that when I use all natural products over the drugstore/topical brands that I avoid any irritation/side effects such as flakiness, irritation, extreme dryness, itching and redness.

Plus back then when people didn't have the luxury of being able to choose from SO MANY acne products out there, they used natural/homemade treatments to maintain clear, healthy skin.

And while topical brands can tend to stop working over time these natural treatments never do!

Also when using natural treatments it is advised to not only clear acne from the outside but from the inside as well such as eating fruits, vegetables and grains daily and doing cleanses so that what ever toxins are in your body don't come out through your pores.

Having that said, here are some natural ways for you guys:

Oatmeal mask and scrub - a great oil absorber; if your skin is suffering from frequent breakouts and excess oil, try an oatmeal mask at least twice per week. Also removes dead skin. Great for facial lines and moisturizes skin without any irritation at all because it is hypo-allergenic.

Almond mask and scrub - works as an exfoliant and the oils in almonds make skin soft.

French Green Clay - works by adsorbing impurities from the skin cells, by causing dead cells to slough off, and by stimulating the flow of blood to the epidermis. Absorbs oil, dust, toxins, contaminants and make-up. Great for oily skin.

Lemon juice - contains citric acid and vitamin C that functions as natural alpha hydroxy acids to help dissolve dead skin cells for brighter, more even toned skin.

Tea Tree Oil - natural antiseptic, works by killing bacteria and reducing inflammation, also dries out acne which results in faster healing.

Peppermint Oil - reduces sebum/oil. contains numerous minerals and nutrients including manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, folate, potassium, and copper. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.

You can also find a lot more information searching the internet for more natural remedies and what else these can do for your skin/body. I thought I would just put the main reasons why its best for skin.

I hope this information helped!

Let me know if any of you decide to use these natural treatments or if you know of any other ones that work just as good.

Have a fun & peaceful friday! : ]

Tea Tree oil really is fantastic as far as herbal treatments go. In fact, it has several clinical, double blind, placebo based studies that have continually demonstrated it as formidable against acne as benzoyl peroxide for most people who use it on a regular basis.

I swear by Tea Tree Oil and lemon juice. Seriously, these two products alone cleared me up magically--and I am a teenager with irregular periods, thus my hormones are not ideal. Also, I've found pure Aloe Vera to be wonderful as well, which I use every day.

I might have to do a little research on a few of the products you listed there. I am an all-natural junkie now that I have experienced the results it brings and would love to try a few of these. Thank you! :)

I stopped using tea tree oil since I read this from wiki :

Safety

According to the American Cancer Society: "Tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed. It has been reported to cause drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities, and severe rashes. It should be kept away from pets and children." [16]

A small number of people experience allergic contact dermatitis as a reaction to dermal contact with tea tree oil. In an Italian study of 725 consecutive patients, patients were patch tested with undiluted, 1% and 0.1% Tea Tree Oil. For undiluted tea tree oil, nearly 6% of the patients observed positive reactions of skin irritation. Only 1 of 725 patients observed a positive reaction of skin irritation with the 1% dilution. None of the 725 patients observed adverse reactions with the 0.1% dilution.[17] Allergic reactions may be due to the various oxidation products that are formed by exposure of the oil to light and/or air.[18][19]

External application of undiluted tea tree oil and/or at inappropriate high doses has been associated with toxicity, including death, in cats and other animals.[20][21][22]

A disputed case study reported in The New England Journal of Medicine concluded that "repeated topical exposure to lavender and tea tree oils probably caused prepubertal gynecomastia" (abnormal breast development) in three young boys.[23] The study involved just three individuals and found lavender to be the only common ingredient used by the boys in the study. While all three cases involved the use of products containing lavender oil as an ingredient, only one boy also used products containing tea tree oil. In all cases, the prepubertal gynecomastia reversed after several months. Use of the products containing lavender and tea tree oils were also discontinued during this time. In the same paper, results from cell culture assays indicated that both essential oils exhibit weak estrogenic and antiandrogenic properties in vitro, (i.e. in a test tube, an artificial environment outside the living human organism) but no tests were conducted in vivo. Researchers also indicated that other components in these products may also have contributed to the gynecomastia, or that genetics might play a role. Researchers also noted that estrogenic or antiandrogenic activities have also been reported for some other commonly used essential oils as well as some foods such as almonds and peanuts, but cited no associated cases of prepubertal gynecomastia.[24] Others have cast doubt on the conclusions of the article and dismissed the study as having used "poor methodology".[25][26][27][28][29]

If used in concentrations below 4% or particularly below 1%, tea tree oil may fail to kill bacteria and create an evolutionary pressure which may result in them becoming less sensitive to tea tree oil and even some antibiotics in vitro.[30]

Tea tree oil may cause hearing loss when used in the ears.[31]

^ Personally, none of those concern me.

1) I do not ingest it--and this warning goes hand in hand with 95% of all topical products out there.

2) I have been using it for a while now, and experienced no reaction.

3) I am not a cat, and I do not use it near my pets, so no worries there.

4) The common factor in that longer paragraph would be the lavendar oil, and that they were all male. At any rate, if it is such a disputed case it doesn't bother me too much. If ever I noticed a problem that could potentially be related to Tea Tree Oil I'd drop it, but right now I am perfectly healthy.

5) I use 100% as a spot treatment.

6) I do not use TTO in my ears or near my ears.

To each their own. Some people don't like it at all, others love it--some have positive results, others negative (or even null). ;) (Also, anything from Wiki could be BS or biased.)

Safety

According to the American Cancer Society: "Tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed. It has been reported to cause drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities, and severe rashes. It should be kept away from pets and children." [16]

A small number of people experience allergic contact dermatitis as a reaction to dermal contact with tea tree oil. In an Italian study of 725 consecutive patients, patients were patch tested with undiluted, 1% and 0.1% Tea Tree Oil. For undiluted tea tree oil, nearly 6% of the patients observed positive reactions of skin irritation. Only 1 of 725 patients observed a positive reaction of skin irritation with the 1% dilution. None of the 725 patients observed adverse reactions with the 0.1% dilution.[17] Allergic reactions may be due to the various oxidation products that are formed by exposure of the oil to light and/or air.[18][19]

External application of undiluted tea tree oil and/or at inappropriate high doses has been associated with toxicity, including death, in cats and other animals.[20][21][22]

A disputed case study reported in The New England Journal of Medicine concluded that "repeated topical exposure to lavender and tea tree oils probably caused prepubertal gynecomastia" (abnormal breast development) in three young boys.[23] The study involved just three individuals and found lavender to be the only common ingredient used by the boys in the study. While all three cases involved the use of products containing lavender oil as an ingredient, only one boy also used products containing tea tree oil. In all cases, the prepubertal gynecomastia reversed after several months. Use of the products containing lavender and tea tree oils were also discontinued during this time. In the same paper, results from cell culture assays indicated that both essential oils exhibit weak estrogenic and antiandrogenic properties in vitro, (i.e. in a test tube, an artificial environment outside the living human organism) but no tests were conducted in vivo. Researchers also indicated that other components in these products may also have contributed to the gynecomastia, or that genetics might play a role. Researchers also noted that estrogenic or antiandrogenic activities have also been reported for some other commonly used essential oils as well as some foods such as almonds and peanuts, but cited no associated cases of prepubertal gynecomastia.[24] Others have cast doubt on the conclusions of the article and dismissed the study as having used "poor methodology".[25][26][27][28][29]

If used in concentrations below 4% or particularly below 1%, tea tree oil may fail to kill bacteria and create an evolutionary pressure which may result in them becoming less sensitive to tea tree oil and even some antibiotics in vitro.[30]

That sounds great! For one, hardly any of the people reacted to it when applied topically. Two, who the hell would drink it anyways, idiots. Three, it can increase my breast size! Fuck yeah! Four, my skin doesn't even get the SLIGHTEST irriration when I use TTO, and I'm using 100%. All the reasons why you don't want to try it make me love it more! =]

PLUS I agree with the above poster on not believing everything you read on wiki. Many university profs don't allow you to use wiki as a source, and if they see if on your citations for a paper they doubt the source, and therefor doubt the credibility of your paper. I, myself, have submitted information to wiki, and I'm not a professional or a scholer. My information was posted, and remains there (It was information on a singer, but any information is submitted from random people and composed into a big blurb.)

Safety

That sounds great! For one, hardly any of the people reacted to it when applied topically. Two, who the hell would drink it anyways, idiots. Three, it can increase my breast size! Fuck yeah! Four, my skin doesn't even get the SLIGHTEST irriration when I use TTO, and I'm using 100%. All the reasons why you don't want to try it make me love it more! =]

PLUS I agree with the above poster on not believing everything you read on wiki. Many university profs don't allow you to use wiki as a source, and if they see if on your citations for a paper they doubt the source, and therefor doubt the credibility of your paper. I, myself, have submitted information to wiki, and I'm not a professional or a scholer. My information was posted, and remains there (It was information on a singer, but any information is submitted from random people and composed into a big blurb.)

Yes...one must consider if one used 100% pure benzoyl peroxide, it could cause a high degree of topical irritation...and if one were to eat or drink it, well, I can say it wouldn't do much for stopping acne, but it might do a great job at stopping you.

Again, most medications are dangerous or deadly is misused or abused. As far as gynecomastia goes, always use pure essential oils without additives, and pure tea tree oil needs to be diluted with water before application.

Again, use the proper preparations, in the proper amounts, while adhering to any and all warnings and discontinue use if any side effects appear. common sense goes a long way in using any herbal or chemical remedy

What happened to jojoba oil. ;)

I tried tea tree oil once on a small portion of my face but seemed to just get irritated. :confused:

Well I just post this because sometime people tend to think when something is natural it's obligatory harmless, and about wiki don't get it twisted, concerning serious subjects like health I only trust it when links to scientific studies are provided. But I must admit I use it a lot.

Well I just post this because sometime people tend to think when something is natural it's obligatory harmless, and about wiki don't get it twisted, concerning serious subjects like health I only trust it when links to scientific studies are provided. But I must admit I use it a lot.

Of course not all people are going to have great results with natural products or any products for that matter because we all have different skin types/allergies and what not. So everyone of us react to certain things differently.

But it is a lot safer to use natural ingredients rather than harsh chemicals, preservatives, additives..etc. because it does more damage than good.

And although benzoyl peroxide works very well at killing bacteria and drying acne, the side effects are not worth it for me. Who wants to walk around with red, irritated, flakey, dry skin? Not me!

I say go natural! It works for me and I'm almost positive it will work for you ;)

Of course not all people are going to have great results with natural products or any products for that matter because we all have different skin types/allergies and what not. So everyone of us react to certain things differently.

But it is a lot safer to use natural ingredients rather than harsh chemicals, preservatives, additives..etc. because it does more damage than good.

And although benzoyl peroxide works very well at killing bacteria and drying acne, the side effects are not worth it for me. Who wants to walk around with red, irritated, flakey, dry skin? Not me!

I say go natural! It works for me and I'm almost positive it will work for you ;)

You're preaching to a converted here, I eat 100% organic unrefined foods, I don't use chemicals on my face, hair, and body, and I never take meds.

You're preaching to a converted here, I eat 100% organic unrefined foods, I don't use chemicals on my face, hair, and body, and I never take meds.

Almost all products are derived from natural ingredients anyways so why not use what was there in the first place? Doesn't that sound better than putting tons of chemicals on your face?

Natural is better :D