Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yo guys,

I've just been reading the acne help section of www.livingnature.com

For severe acne, they recommend taking 1-2 drops of pure manuka oil 3 times daily in juice or water. Has anyone else tried this with any results? I'm a big fan of manuka oil used topically on the skin, but I haven't heard of it being used INTERNALLY before...

I just tried some in my lemon juice and it nearly made me gag, it was absolutely vile! I don't fancy continuing this unless I'm gonna see results! biggrin.gif (ugh...I can still taste it... :sick: )

Also, seeing as it's such a strong antibacterial agent, I'm worried that it would be killing off gut bacteria as well, in the same way as an antibiotic.

Any thoughts, anyone?

question.gifidea.gif

I know that you can take manuka honey internally. I doesn't harm the good bacteria only the bad. Make sure it has a high umf rating, like 15 or more. check out www.comvita.com and ebay

Thanks for the info, there's some good info over at comvita.com, but I already knew that you could take manuka HONEY internally, I just wasn't sure about manuka OIL... Manuka honey is also easier to stomach than the oil! :sick:

I guess they have rougly the same properties though, although the oil is even more powerful against bacteria. However, the taste is REALLY awful!

I might try the honey instead and see how I get on. It certainly won't do me any harm (well, except harming my bank balance! biggrin.gif )

What's wrong with lemon juice! It gives my water some good zing! user posted image

No, the lemon juice is good, Jc, the manuka oil however, was RANK!!! I shall not be trying that again! Although it may have been slightly preferable to some homeopathic tincture I tried once, after which I had to take about 3 tablespoons of honey to get rid of the taste!!! :snooty:

Oh I see...you added manuka oil to your lemon juice! I was confused for a second there. Who doesn't love the lemon! biggrin.gif