Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wikil

AHA - My verdict (Results)

First of all, I started with the regimen using Dans BP just about 2 years ago. With moderate acne, the regimen soon cleared me in the first month. However, I still got that occasional zit every two months or so.

After the first year on the regimen, I managed to reduce my application to once a day with ALMOST no change in good results. I was happy until about 4 months ago when the single application stopped being adequate and my results started deteriorating gradually. I bumped up to 2 applications and the relief started coming as usual. Moved back to single application and started diminishing again.

This is when I added AHA to the regimen, using it over the BP as a moisturizer. The diminishing results of the single regimen application immediately stopped. The acne that had surfaced started disappearing one at a time, nothing accelerated, the AHA seems to have had no effect on speeding up the clearance. It seems to have reduced the inflammation though. But most importantly, no new zits.

After close to 3 weeks, adding of AHA to my single daily regimen has cleared my skin and I seem to be losing that 'acne sufferers skin'(that is what I call it). As an acne sufferer despite having clear results we usually have that 'sufferers skin', which we look at in the mirror and see wherever there has been a zit in the last couple of months (for me it's about 4 months). Other people may not tell we have an acne problem, but we see this in the mirror whenever we look.

In other words, our good results don't fool us about having a perfect skin. For me AHA is starting to fool me. Being on the regimen for 2 years, it seems to finish off all those small imperfections that I was happy to live with and had sometimes even stopped noticing(caring about).

The tape method worked wonders for me with the post acne skin. It really costs nothing, all tho my hubby thought i was a little weird.

The tape method worked wonders for me with the post acne skin. It really costs nothing, all tho my hubby thought i was a little weird.

What is the tape method? I too have fair skin, and you can see where the zits have been long after they're gone...

First of all, I started with the regimen using Dans BP just about 2 years ago. With moderate acne, the regimen soon cleared me in the first month. However, I still got that occasional zit every two months or so.

After the first year on the regimen, I managed to reduce my application to once a day with ALMOST no change in good results. I was happy until about 4 months ago when the single application stopped being adequate and my results started deteriorating gradually. I bumped up to 2 applications and the relief started coming as usual. Moved back to single application and started diminishing again.

This is when I added AHA to the regimen, using it over the BP as a moisturizer. The diminishing results of the single regimen application immediately stopped. The acne that had surfaced started disappearing one at a time, nothing accelerated, the AHA seems to have had no effect on speeding up the clearance. It seems to have reduced the inflammation though. But most importantly, no new zits.

After close to 3 weeks, adding of AHA to my single daily regimen has cleared my skin and I seem to be losing that 'acne sufferers skin'(that is what I call it). As an acne sufferer despite having clear results we usually have that 'sufferers skin', which we look at in the mirror and see wherever there has been a zit in the last couple of months (for me it's about 4 months). Other people may not tell we have an acne problem, but we see this in the mirror whenever we look.

In other words, our good results don't fool us about having a perfect skin. For me AHA is starting to fool me. Being on the regimen for 2 years, it seems to finish off all those small imperfections that I was happy to live with and had sometimes even stopped noticing(caring about).

my situation as well. my friends say im clearing but I dont see it. maybe im going through sufferers skin. im thinking about adding AHA

ive been on the regimen for almost 2 months

The Tape Method was first brought up on the boards years ago, I'm not sure who by. Basically you apply sellotape to your face and gently peel it off after a few seconds. This should take off all the excess or dead skin, and encourage your skin to exfoliate.

It worked for me when I tried it, although how much i can't say, as I was doing quite a few things to get rid of red marks back then. If you search for it in the red marks forum, there should be plenty of info.

I am very tempted to purchase AHA from this site because I can't find any other version at local drugstore. I just need to research it a little more.

what exactly is aha?

http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/20.htm

basically aha is a secret weapon to any remaining few pimples, and will kill pimples right when there formed. dan says use it a month into the regimen, and this will take you from clear skin to perfect skin.

people say im clear but I still see acne which is why I may purchase aha because its supposedly used for situations like that.

Great post! I like your notion of 'acne sufferer's skin'.... Really sums it all up. Started using Dan's AHA too after reading your post actually :P!

I've been on the Regimen for nearly 5 months and I hardly have new pimples anymore. My face is now 99.5% clear (with the odd tiny spots that go away usually in a night) but without makeup on and looking at myself up close in the mirror, my eyes would still be drawn to the little imperfections and especially the hyperpigmentation marks. I really hope the AHA will eradicate this problem!

Been using it for about a week (as an overall moisturiser over BP at night) and although my skin seems to feel smoother the morning after, I have yet to see the marks fading...

So how long did u have to wait before you saw discernable improvements? And how much AHA do you use?

Thanks in advance!!