Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristabel

Cilest for 21 days then spiro for 7 - less side effects?

3 months ago i switched from Yasmin to Cilest and since then i have been getting about 5 cysts the week before my period but nothing much for the rest of the month, although the 5 cysts tend to take so long to heal they are usually with me for most of the month anyway.

I told my derm and he said he is putting me on spiro for my 7 day break from Cilest only, meaning every month i take only Cilest for 21 days then only spiro for 7 days then only Cilest again, so i am never taking them at the same time. This is to help the pre menstrual breakout.

I have concerns about the safety of spiro and the possible side effects i have read about on here. Prior to Cilest i was taking yasmin for about 3 years and dianette for about 5 years prior to that. This has caused a severe depression that has never really left me. Therefore i am worried about the possibility of spiro causing any kind of depression or other side effects such as hair loss and wondered if any of you guys knew if taking spiro for only 7 days a month would mean that it would be less likely to have any side effects?

Also if any of you also take spiro for only 7 days a month please share your experiences and also the effectiveness of doing it like this. Grateful for any help