Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikond50

vinegar for acne

guys i read that vinegar is actually good for acne, i think this is true because if we use our common sense vinegar doesn't have enough components that is really harmfull to our skin not like BP that has a lot of components some we don't even know off, so my point is people before our time don't have BP instead they use vinegar to cure acne and it worked for them, i think it's best to try home remedies that try BP that has a lot of components. hope you get my point.

guys i think it's time we stop using harsh chemicals on our skin, my point is why don't we try something natural, i know you might be thinking that why would something like this work if we could just by BP and other products and put it on our skin, for me this is something we gamble our skin on, guys if we just think clearly i think it's better to put natural organic chemicals on our face than use topical creams or gel that contains a lot of chemicals that we dont know off,

today a few hours before i typed this i washed my face with warm water then i used my cleanser any cleanser will do for me, then after that my mom told me to dilute 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 glass of water then use it as an topical treatment then wash it off after 10 mins, after doing that i noticed that my pimples were not that red anymore and i didn't feel any king of dryness not like yesterday when i applied BP, in short i have felt and seen the results immediately,

i think there's no harm in trying guys, here's some more info on how to use apple cider vinegar,

hope we'll have an open mind on this, instead of using harsh chemicals on our skin why not use natural remedies that can be found at home!

pple Cider Vinegar can do wonders for your skin. In fact, it is the best treatment for acne that I have ever found; hands down. And the best part… it’s 100% all natural!

There are two ways to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your skin care regimen. To help clear acne, apple cider vinegar can be taken orally or applied topically. For best results, I recommend trying both!

Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar to Improve your Skin

When ingested, apple cider vinegar promotes liver health. Proper liver function is absolutely essential for clear and beautiful skin. Why? The livers job within the body is to remove toxins from our system. An overload of toxins, caused by a poorly functioning liver is a very common cause of acne.

Furthermore, apple cider vinegar helps regulate digestion which is another key for clear and beautiful skin. For optimum benefit, take approximately 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day.

Applying Apple Cider Vinegar Topically to Improve Acne

I have personally seen the best results when applying apple cider vinegar topically. Not only did my acne drastically improve, but my facial redness disappeared as well. In addition, my skin became much less oily and shiny as it was able to perfectly control my skins pH levels.

That’s one of the great benefits of apple cider vinegar. Instead of just healing acne alone, it improves all aspects of your complexion. After all, what’s the good in clearing up your acne if in doing so you turn your skin so red and oily that your entire face looks like a giant zit!

What’s the best way to apply ACV (apple cider vinegar) for the best results?

When first starting out, dilute the vinegar with water to an approximate 10% solution. Apply the concoction with a cotton pad 1-3 times daily. Treat the ACV as a toner and leave it on your skin throughout the day.

Once your skin gets used to the 10% solution, if needed, you can gradually increase the amount of ACV until you are using it in its original form.

Negatives of Using ACV for Skin Care

As with anything else, there are some negatives associated with using apple cider vinegar as a natural organic skin care solution. First of all, it tastes really bad… plain and simple! The best way to deal with this negative aspect of ingesting ACV is to either drink it in shots or combine it with large amounts of water to minimize the bad taste.

I personally like to take it in shots and then chase it down with honey. I’ve also tried adding a small amount of ACV to all my bottles of water that I drink throughout the day.

When applied topically, the smell of the apple cider vinegar on your skin takes some time to dissipate. For the first few hours it will be somewhat noticeable to those around you. It’s not a big deal if you don’t mind smelling like a salad!

Here’s a little trick: Apply the ACV immediately when you wake up so that by the time you are ready to go out the smell will be gone. This always seemed to work for me.

Finally, for the first few weeks of applying ACV on the skin, the fumes will burn your eyes. It’s an effect very similar to the one experienced from cutting fresh onions. Once you get used to the ACV, this will no longer be a problem.

Despite some of the negatives, the benefits of apple cider vinegar make this a natural organic skin care nutrient that must be tried. I doubt you will be disappointed!

I am on the regimen and it works great. I don't believe the products we are using have any real long term side effects. I would like to have an all organic regimen but what im doing now makes my skin look and feel great. I dont think alot of people are willing to try something different when what they have is working. we all hate acne and trying some random vegetable or vinegar will leave us worried that acne just might come back from getting off the regimen. I don't think anyone wants that.

-edit- also this really has nothing to do with the Acne.org regimen and should of been posted elsewhere.