Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickles.

Can somebody quickly explain to me..

it'd really help me to understand my skin if someone can explain to me what cysts and nodules are, or in likelyness what else small bumps on the face could be?

it's been eating at me for weeks, i usually get small bumps on my jawline, that don't hurt and don't really appear to have much ick inside. they're not really red or that visible either.

so, could somebody take 10 minutes and explain to me what they could be?

oh, and they go down after i've iced them on and off for an hour.

weeeeeellll,

i have cysts, and they are beneath the skin, few layers deep and tend to appear as red marks and are sensitive to touch. i dont ever pop them, its bad for them, but they seem to enjoy doing that themselves so i do know that gunge comes out of mine... pus ick!!

however, years ago i got cysts which had just the oil-y stuff in them *sebum is it? ive forgotten the name im afraid* -i know this only because i got whacked and one opened up- those ones didnt hurt me like the ones i have do now.

actually, here we go! give this a read through!

http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html

weeeeeellll,

i have cysts, and they are beneath the skin, few layers deep and tend to appear as red marks and are sensitive to touch. i dont ever pop them, its bad for them, but they seem to enjoy doing that themselves so i do know that gunge comes out of mine... pus ick!!

however, years ago i got cysts which had just the oil-y stuff in them *sebum is it? ive forgotten the name im afraid* -i know this only because i got whacked and one opened up- those ones didnt hurt me like the ones i have do now.

actually, here we go! give this a read through!

http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html

there horrible things arent they & thank youuu!

they sure are!

hope yours decide to pop off soon, one of mine has been with me since jan! :o LOL not cool

glad i could help! :)

On this site go to types of acne and you will find a full explanation of the difference between cysts and nodules as well as other definitions of various acne conditions. Sometimes doing a little research before you ask a question can save you both time and energy.

All the best,

Joe Zit