Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikond50

does BP 2.5% and 5% has the same effect?

hi there. i have a related question. i understand that BP oxidizes the skin to create an environment where the acne bacteria can't survive. how long does that environment last? i'm wondering how often i need to wash and reapply BP or at least what would be optimal.

also, as BP is an oxidizing agent, is it bad for you? i keep hearing all these antioxidant/free radical buzz words. and i read you can't use them since it neutralizes the BP.

hi there. i have a related question. i understand that BP oxidizes the skin to create an environment where the acne bacteria can't survive. how long does that environment last? i'm wondering how often i need to wash and reapply BP or at least what would be optimal.

also, as BP is an oxidizing agent, is it bad for you? i keep hearing all these antioxidant/free radical buzz words. and i read you can't use them since it neutralizes the BP.

BP has a half-life of about an hour, and applying it twice a day is plenty.

And using BP is fine. There are a lot of people on these boards that are either pro- or anti-BP, and you'll hear a lot of different views and whatnot. I've been using BP (as per Dan's regimen) for almost a year now, though, and I'm fine. And Dan's been using it much longer, and he's fine too.

If you're interesting in going the BP route, give it a shot.

And using BP is fine. There are a lot of people on these boards that are either pro- or anti-BP, and you'll hear a lot of different views and whatnot. I've been using BP (as per Dan's regimen) for almost a year now, though, and I'm fine. And Dan's been using it much longer, and he's fine too.

thanks for the reply. actually, i've probably been using BP longer than Dan. Going for 20 years. That said, I'm always wondering if there is something better. I read somewhere that there's a product with time released BP. Just wondering if that's hype or if there's something to BP's effectiveness 8 hours into the day versus when it's first applied.

thanks for the reply. actually, i've probably been using BP longer than Dan. Going for 20 years. That said, I'm always wondering if there is something better. I read somewhere that there's a product with time released BP. Just wondering if that's hype or if there's something to BP's effectiveness 8 hours into the day versus when it's first applied.

Time-released BP? Hmm.

All I know is that, like I said, BP has a half-life of about an hour, meaning that every hour, its strength diminishes by half. So, for example, if it's 100% effective when you first put it on, after an hour, it's down to 50% effectiveness, and an hour after that, it's at 25%, and so on and so forth.