Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meggy

Is it okay to exfoliate when on regimen?

I've been doing regimen for almost 2 weeks, everything works fine so far, I've notice some improvement after the regimen, and I've decided to continue on it =) There are some minor break outs after I started the regimen but it's okay, I know this is common for everyone who just starts regimen for several weeks...hopefully my skin will get better and better!!

In the 2nd week my skin feel tingled after applied the BP and moisturizer(I'm using Dan's product), and since yesterday, my face started to flake like I have the mild chemical peel!!!Expecially around my jawline where connects to the neck and bottom of ears, it's sooooo gross!!And today my forehead started to peel too!!I tried to put on tons of jojoba oil with dan's mosturizer but it doesn't seem to work too well...It's so itchy!!

I used half pump of BP and one pump of moisturizer with plenty jojoba oil. I wonder if I should use the exfoliate product to exfoliate the dead skin?(As I know, dead skin will clog pores!) When I had the chemical peel, the dermatologist told me that I have to avoid using any exfoliate product cuz it will cause discoloration of the skin.