Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate when ppl call me shy and quiet because Im not, It's just I dont want ppl looking at my face so I hardly draw attention to myself unlike my brother he has little bit of acne and scarring but he doesnt care and I tried the "I dont care" attitude but I do care what ppl think or say about me. Something Im slowly tryin to get out of but it doesnt help when I get a new pimple every other day. I see you need thick skin to have acne and be outgoing.

Practice will help. Teenage and younger years are already full of awkward feeling shyness. It seems kind of rude to get acne on top of that, doesn't it? :D

But...keep on practicing the outgoing thing; eventually it will happen.

No one at work believes I was ever anything but perky, bubbly, happy, and outgoing (I'll talk to a rock). Yet, way back in the dark ages of my teenage and younger years, I was so shy I'd get sweaty palms just thinking about walking into a class late. I couldn't push that door open, I'd stand outside it and almost shake with worry. Now, I just push that door open and likely as not, take a bow, too. It is learned behavior, you can do it, too.

coming from a naturally 'shy' -only in inverted commas coz no one would believe im shy! but i am lol- person with bad skin, i just say 'be yourself'

i have seen people change who they are to fit in, it never ends well and i end up wondering why they changed in the first place. because people are fine as they are :)

anywho, i dont mean to sound preacher-y or councilor-ish, but i have just came out of school, had crap skin the entire time, still do! all i can say is your mates will like you for you, not your skin... i have trouble coming to terms with this since i dont even want to look at myself sometimes, but its true your true mates are always happy to see you!!!

just be yourself hun, dont care what people think, coz 'those who mind dont matter, adn those who matter dont mind' :3

coming from a naturally 'shy' -only in inverted commas coz no one would believe im shy! but i am lol- person with bad skin, i just say 'be yourself'

i have seen people change who they are to fit in, it never ends well and i end up wondering why they changed in the first place. because people are fine as they are :)

anywho, i dont mean to sound preacher-y or councilor-ish, but i have just came out of school, had crap skin the entire time, still do! all i can say is your mates will like you for you, not your skin... i have trouble coming to terms with this since i dont even want to look at myself sometimes, but its true your true mates are always happy to see you!!!

just be yourself hun, dont care what people think, coz 'those who mind dont matter, adn those who matter dont mind' :3

you are exactly right thank you

Normally im more shy around the pretty people rather than the rest, also mostly around my superiors, but to the rest of the world im pretty much myself, trust me i have very bad acne scarring and blotchiness in some areas of my cheeks, and i get an occacional cystic brakeout everytime one of my regimens looses it's effect, yea it fucks me up badly and it gets to me just as bad, but i keep thinkin i'll grow out it soon even though im 21 already :( but keep your head up and try and be a little social and smile a bit, trust me it helps a lot, best of luck :)