Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob lee

for those of you who use/used AHA

hi i recently been using AHA and noticed breakouts around the areas ive applied (minimal applicaton) but also some in areas where i havent. Before i jump to conclusions i would like to ask u guys

1. have u noticed a correlatoin between aha and breakouts?

2. how do u use AHA? (spot treat, PIH, moisturizer)

3. have u noticed a improvement in skin tone, PIH, etc

personally i dont mind new pimples once in while, im just tired of PIH because it takes forever to fade and i noticed that AHA got good reivews for that. Ive only been applying very small amts to certain areas for fear of irritation and breakouts. SHould i wait a bit b4 applying to whole face or???

and i am using erthromycin and retin-a for a while too

ty

If you're on the regimen, it would be best to wait for at least a month after adapting to the full dose of BP before using AHA. If you're using Dan's AHA, I did not notice any initial breakout with it BUT I was already using a glycolic acid product every other day anyway and had gotten over my initial breakout a long time previously.

If you haven't regularly used an AHA product in the past, you may indeed experience some irritation or even an initial breakout once you start using it.

AHA helps me not have clogged pores. I therefore don't have any inflammatory acne and thus no PIH. But when I first started an AHA, I did have an initial breakout but the PIH didn't seem to stick around so long.

I use AHA all over my whole face. It is fine as a spot treatment, too.

I'm very happy with my skin tone and texture and suppleness and glow from the AHA. :) I use Dan's and an Avon product (see signature).

If you're on the regimen, it would be best to wait for at least a month after adapting to the full dose of BP before using AHA. If you're using Dan's AHA, I did not notice any initial breakout with it BUT I was already using a glycolic acid product every other day anyway and had gotten over my initial breakout a long time previously.

If you haven't regularly used an AHA product in the past, you may indeed experience some irritation or even an initial breakout once you start using it.

AHA helps me not have clogged pores. I therefore don't have any inflammatory acne and thus no PIH. But when I first started an AHA, I did have an initial breakout but the PIH didn't seem to stick around so long.

I use AHA all over my whole face. It is fine as a spot treatment, too.

I'm very happy with my skin tone and texture and suppleness and glow from the AHA. :) I use Dan's and an Avon product (see signature).

I didnt know you can use aha while youre on a retinoid. Are you still using green cream too?

Yes. My signature has my routine: Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every other day & Green Cream alternate days

after about 3 weeks into the regimne i started 2 use AHA as a spot treatment.... its now about a month and a bit... and im getting the occassional whitehed break out around my jaw line and cheeks... funny thing is.. i never applied any AHA or BP there every, as i have no pimples there, its kinda weird that im breaking out in spots where i have never broken out b4 =S

1. No

2. Spot treat when I feel that a pimple is about to come in. I use it as a moisturizer every other night after using BP. I use it exclusively during the day (no BP) when I wear clothing that is not bleach safe (about 1 in 3 times), plus Oil of Olay Complete SPF 15.

3. Its seems to be the same, as I think pigmentation takes a lot of time on its own anyways so its very hard to judge. I've started using BioOil to take care of pigmentation, but its only been 3 weeks, so its hard to judge if the fading is natural or due to the use of BioOil. The skin tone feels about the same, with or w/o AHA use.

1. Yeah, there's a bit of an IB. Shouldn't last too long at all though.

2. Spot treatment generally.

3. Makes my scars a lot lighter.