Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jadedpoet

Aloe Vera and the Sun

Honestly I'm not to sure what section this goes in so i'll just try here.

With my current soap, I noticed that Aloe vera works really well with drying up small bumps really quick and over night. I really want to try it in the day time but I think I read somewhere about how Aloe vera makes you more susceptible to the sun's rays.

Does anyone know this to be true and though Aloe vera is not a chemical I still find it somewhat drying upon the skin, does it just dry the upper dermis or go deeper as Benzoyl peroxide would?

Thanks. ;)

pure Aloe vera should not make skin more susceptible to sun. Look at the ingredients on the aloe you're using (if you're not using pure). Something in the formula might be drying for your skin.

I drink aloe juice daily- about 2oz- and it helps with digestion. Not sure if it helps my skin cuz I use topicals. I have yet to use aloe on my skin as I've never purchased a pure product and I don't trust drugstore aloe.

I don't think aloe vera should make your skin more susceptible to sunlight. If anything, it has healing properties and is used for mild sunburns.

I have been mixing my moisturizing cream with aloe vera gel for a couple years now. It really works for me, and not only helps to fade red marks faster, but keeps my moisturizer from being so thick.

I actually use lilly of the deserts aloe vera the one you put in the fridge and add two drops of jojoba oil to it. I may use the gelly version * doesn't have to be in fridge* because it has vitamin e in it and doesn't dry me out as much. I just have to make sure it doesn't break me out.

Thank you!!

:D

A friend just told me its because I used a food grade one but I assumed they would all be the same and that would be more natural. Some type of thickener is added to it so I may just drop that aloe and try out the Jason she just recommended.

*carrageen(thickener), citric acid (ph stabilizer)and potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor)were added*

Hey,

I dont think aloe vera makes your skin more susceptible to the sun's rays... In fact I have heard many benefits about it.. I found this on net..

* Helps cuts, bruises and burns heal faster

* Minimizes scarring

* Relieves heat on the skin caused by sunburn

* Destroys bacteria that try to invade cuts or open wounds

* Forms a protective barrier around achy and sore joints and muscles

* Relieves inflammation and redness

* Soothes itching and helps restore skin's natural beauty

* Nourishes the skin and tissues with body-loving nutrients such as vitamin E and C

I recently bought one aloe vera plant.. I am going start applying it at night from today for my brown marks post acne... Lets see how it goes...