Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lately I've been questioning my current "bar of soap" method, so I'm wondering what everyone else does to remove their makeup (foundation).

Is water alone best? Or do you just use a cleanser?

Thanks guys :nod:

I like pond's cold cream. Basically takes off everything and isn't drying. If you do a search on the site, there are a few threads on this.

I wear quite a lot of eye make up, as in eyeliner and mascara, so i take that off with tea tree oil face wipes, then use neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser to take off my foundation, works lovely for me.

Lately I've been questioning my current "bar of soap" method, so I'm wondering what everyone else does to remove their makeup (foundation).

Is water alone best? Or do you just use a cleanser?

Thanks guys :nod:

I'm using St. Ives makeup remover, but Idk if I like it or not yet. Alot of people use the Clinique Take the Day off makeup REMOVER (not cleanser!). Youtube and Makeupalley.com have some great reviews on those types of things if you're interested!

Purpose gentle cleanser and Clarisonic works best for me with no fuss at all. Purpose alone gets it all, even waterproof eye makeup (with no stinging!), and I don't really need Clarisonic, but I use it anyway "just in case." My roommate really likes Estee Lauder's makeup remover wipes.

I agree with Calla Lilly. Purpose works wonders for taking off makeup (foundation and eye makeup) It also non irritating and it did not break me out. At the moment I am using Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser for face and eyes and it it amazing! On the expensive side but the best gentle cleanser I have ever used. :P

MAC wipes. That gets everything off. :)

Those make my face and eyes burn. It contains isopropyl misterate or palmitate, I forget which one but those are very comedogenic ingredients.

I just wash my face with Cetpahil cleanser. I don't use make-up remover of any kind, but then again, I don't wear very much makeup.

I also like Purpose, really gentle but it's great at removing makeup. I wear Colorstay foundation which is kind of notorious for being difficult to wash off but Purpose does the trick

I also like Purpose, really gentle but it's great at removing makeup. I wear Colorstay foundation which is kind of notorious for being difficult to wash off but Purpose does the trick

I wear Colorstay too and it's really difficult to take off when the day is over. I too, am looking for an effective way of removing my makeup.

Currently, I developed one extremely large and painful cyst right on my cheek! I found that using Neutrogena's makeup remover wipes was too abrasive for my skin, I need as little contact with that honker of a cyst as possible, so I started using Dermalogica's clearing skin wash but it has salicylic acid and tea tree oil so I recently discontinued it, because I don't want anymore harsh products on my skin.

I started using the Neutrogena wipes agan, but this time i'm adding jojoba oil so the wipe can glide on my skin as opposed to having to press down to get all the makeup. I follow the wipes with Walgreen's version of Cetaphil cleanser.

I also want to try vaseline and cold cream. I tried Purpose but it was extremely drying for my already dry skin.

a wash with toner will ensure getting everything off the skin. look at the cotton ball after you wipe the toner on your face. If there is still makeup on it...then you may have to wash again.