Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Languages

Retin A Micro/18/Male

Well, to start out, I'm 18, live in California, blah blah. I've had acne ever since 13ish. I've been prescribed a lot. My first derm appt I was given samples of Retin A Micro (.04 and .1). The doctor asked a few days what worked better without irritation, I said .1 stupidly. After just 4 nights of nightly application (I was pretty noob and didn't know to go into it slowly) my skin had extreme flaking issues, thank god it was Christmas break. NO MOISTURIZER would help! I stopped treatment after that night. It took about a week and half to turn back to my normal skin. :/ It was horrible. Everything I put on would sting my skin, even "gentle" products. So after a while, I moved to CA and got put on Tetracycline twice a day + topical antibiotic. It worked okay. I wanted more; I read tons about Differin, and I thought it might work. The doc prescribed Differin .1 Gel + Docy once a day. Worked soso, I thought Differin would work eventually. After 5 months, it never really worked. It also made my skin really only (which you will see in the first picture I attach). So I go back to the doctor, and I say I want to try Retin A Micro again, but a low dose, the .04. He agrees and still prescribes Doxy (which I think I will drop after the IB stage because I've been on antibiotics for way too long, like 2.5 years). This is where I stand now. =] Below is attached pictures. The 1st picture is the day that I picked up my .04 prescription of RAM (notice the oilyness from Differin), and the 2nd picture is 15 days continuing treatment.

I think because I was on Differin before, I'm experiencing clearing faster, maybe not. I've had a bit of an IB (maybe), nothing too bad except a HUGE spot which I'm still battling after 4 days. I hope the good progress continues. The pictures have different lighting, Im sorry, but you can still see the improvement pretty clearly. By the way, I have a big freckle on my right top cheek, that's not acne. XD

post-81723-1239934115_thumb.jpg

post-81723-1239934132_thumb.jpg

post-81723-1239934115_thumb.jpg

post-81723-1239934132_thumb.jpg

Day 16- Only one tiny spot appeared this morning, which is amazing. I used to get 2-3 spots A DAY! And this one was tiny and healed while I was at school. =] Yay.