Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwood

Just a quick question concerning BHA

Hi,

I just recently started exfoliating again. I only get very mild acne on my forehead a few times a month, so I'm only using Paula's Choice BHA 1% Gel once a week right now. I figure my pores are being clogged from dead skin cells. After you clean your face and apply it, are you supposed to wash the Gel off or leave it on? It doesn't say anything about washing it off on the bottle, but a lot of websites say to wash it off.

Thanks if you have an answer.

you're supposed to leave it on

BHA cleansers, or even peels, are meant to be rinsed away after a couple minutes. but these particular BHA products are safe to be left on the skin for longer periods of time.

If it bothers you after you put it on, you can rinse it off. You'll want to work up to leaving it on though. If you can put it on and you wait 20 mins and it doesn't bother you, just leave it on. The acids usually neutralize after 20 mins. If you are using a moisturizer, wait the 20 minutes before you put it on after the BHA.