Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iHearTsourCaNdY

;[ Okay. so this is how my skin looks like.

Maybe it's that I used too much BP? but I was just following Dan's instructions in his videos :/ I don't know if I should really just stop using it, like I've been told, or just wait a couple of days for it to go away and then start again- but using less BP.....

I never had a bad reaction to anything before- not even proactiv.

---my original problem was just some whiteheads or such on my cheeks and jawline area- but nothing really worked to get rid of those. Now I'm on the regime and I got these horrible bumps, some skin darkening and reddening!----- arrgGG!

pic- closeup of my lower left cheek :(

post-101209-1239928240_thumb.jpg

post-101209-1239928240_thumb.jpg

What have you tried for your comedones, and for how long have you tried each?

I am off to watch House so won't be back for a bit. ;)

you said you were following Dan's video. you didn't use as much bp as he did, did you?

yep :/ barely touching the skin, but putting on a pretty thick layer. I guess I shouldn't have done that. After that, I put a generous amount of moisturizer.

What have you tried for your comedones, and for how long have you tried each?

I am off to watch House so won't be back for a bit. ;)

I tried Proactiv WAY back- like when I first started getting those few whiteheads on my cheeks(13/14). I was on that for about 3 months. Nothing changed so I just stopped using it. For a few years after that I didn't use anything, just the regular wash w/ water n soap- yep soAP- which was okay since I didn't really get acne. After that I just decided on a regular cleanser, toner, and moisturizer to keep myself from getting pimples. It worked- I rarely got pimples- but I still had those little whiteheads on my cheeks (I still don't know if it's even whiteheads, but i'm pretty sure that's wat it is). I used the "Neutrogena Pore Refining" line. (which I just learned is actually bad for your skin) that I used for more than a yr.----> Now the Acne.org line :confused:

then pooFF!! tons of little bumps all over my face......

Yeah, you're supposed to start out with a small amount of BP. I think you should not use BP for a couple days, and then start again with a much smaller amount. Next time use about 1/4 the amount he used in the video.

as i said in my topic.

hi.i think its allergy but not to benzoylperoxide but to some other ingredient in this concrete (acne.org) BP.u should consider to use "money back guarantee" option and try to look for other brand BP.anyway i think this will NOT subside and if u continue using it u r risking serious skind damage/contact dermatitis :think:

Without that irritation that looks like perfect skin, if you have problems with just a few whiteheads I would just use a spot treatment instead.

Without that irritation that looks like perfect skin, if you have problems with just a few whiteheads I would just use a spot treatment instead.

Hmmm... I've stopped using the regimen and my skin is almost back to normal. It still feels rough and only a bit itchy. When I had those bumps it was like I could barely see my previous skin condition. So I was like, 'why did I even buy this stuff?'

I probably should've just used a spot treatment but it was just that I had these pimples (in my jaw area) for a looong time- since I was 13 or something. So I thought it would be best if I'd get something pretty strong like the BP. It was my mistake to use the product in my whole face, thinking - oh I might as well, so to prevent future breakouts. I mean isn't that what the regimen is supposed to do as well??

So yeah =] After my skin is back to it's old self- I'm gonna apply a small bit of bp ONLY in my the lower sides of my face where the problem is? idk, wat do you think?