Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chromabe

Shouldn't my face be looking better?

Okay, history about my acne. My mom and dad both had pretty bad acne when they were young. Mom still suffers from some acne and she is 45 years old. I, on the other hand, always had pretty mild acne. And I got rid of it by using ProActiv. It remained clear until about November of last year. This is when I started using Bare Minerals makeup. Apparently, this makes a lot of acne-prone skin break out. So, my face goes CRAZY. I stopped using the makeup and continued using my ProActiv for a few weeks, but it didn't seem like it was getting any better. That's when I switched to the regimen. I have been on it for 8 weeks and 5 days now. I don't have any real bumps right now, but my face is so incredibly red and splotchy, and I have sooo many red marks. Honestly, it looks just as bad as before I went on the regimen. My mom keeps telling me to go back to ProActiv, and honestly, I've been considering it very seriously. But I'm leaving for Navy bootcamp in 3 weeks, and there, I won't be able to treat my face at all. I don't know if I should just stop treatment, continue the regimen, swtich back to ProActiv or what. I'm so upset about this situation, I seriously just got out of bed after sleeping for two days. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for this long post, but I really need some advice. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this. Thanks.

Here's what I've been doing.

Morning:

One pump of Dan's Cleanser

Two pumps of Dan's BP

Seven drops of Dan's Jojoba with one pump of Dan's moisturizer

Olay SPF 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin

Night:

Two pumps of Dan's Cleanser

Two pumps of Dan's BP

Dan's AHA+ in place of moisturizer

I will try to see if I can figure out how to post some photos.

post-96131-1239925010_thumb.jpg

Before I started using Bare Minerals, while on ProActiv.

post-96131-1239925119_thumb.jpg

This is what my face looked like my first day starting the regimen. Sorry about the flash, it makes my face look a little better than it actually did.

post-96131-1239925209_thumb.jpg

First day, again.

post-96131-1239925285_thumb.jpg

Here's my face today, no flash.

post-96131-1239925334_thumb.jpg

No flash. You can see the unevenness here.

post-96131-1239925387_thumb.jpg

And this is with flash. The flash somehow neutralizes the redness.

post-96131-1239925503_thumb.jpg

I wish I could have the flash follow me around all day.

=[

post-96131-1239925010_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925119_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925209_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925285_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925334_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925387_thumb.jpg

post-96131-1239925503_thumb.jpg

Why the sad look on your face? Your acne isn't that BAD. Smile, you look beautiful. :3

The worst thing you can do is go half assed on the regimen (or just about anything) and then go back to another. It's all about consistency.

I know the negative side effects can be discouraging for a new user but you have to be patient with it. You need to give some time for your face to adjust to the new medication.

You might want to decrease the amount of BP you're using (especially for beginners) because this can lead to redness. Dan's FAQ states, you should only be using half a pump at the start of the regimen and then gradually increase your dosage.

Looks like somebody didn't get the memo

thoffspaceri1.jpg

Read the Regimen - biggest mistakes people make on the Regimen

I wouldn't recommend using the AHA+ in place of your regular moisturizer every night. Maybe 2-3 nights throughout the week, but that's it. Using it every single night will make your face much redder when using it in conjunction with BP. If I were you, I'd consider ditching AHA+ altogether (with the exception of spot treating). The reason I say this is because when I tried incorporating it into my regimen after having a very successful two months beforehand with the standard products, my face went to hell. People began asking me why my face was so red in public, etc. Plus I'd always breakout when using it. None of this happened when I wasn't using it.

I agree with TJ, AHA every night is too much. A lot of people around here are really into that, but I think AHA has been great for me on a 1-3 times a week basis.

Why the sad look on your face? Your acne isn't that BAD. Smile, you look beautiful. :3

The worst thing you can do is go half assed on the regimen (or just about anything) and then go back to another. It's all about consistency.

I know the negative side effects can be discouraging for a new user but you have to be patient with it. You need to give some time for your face to adjust to the new medication.

You might want to decrease the amount of BP you're using (especially for beginners) because this can lead to redness. Dan's FAQ states, you should only be using half a pump at the start of the regimen and then gradually increase your dosage.

Looks like somebody didn't get the memo

thoffspaceri1.jpg

Read the Regimen - biggest mistakes people make on the Regimen

I have actually tried decreasing the BP, and I just seemed to break out again. The reason I am using 2 pumps is because of this link. I guess I could try again, though.

I wouldn't recommend using the AHA+ in place of your regular moisturizer every night. Maybe 2-3 nights throughout the week, but that's it. Using it every single night will make your face much redder when using it in conjunction with BP. If I were you, I'd consider ditching AHA+ altogether (with the exception of spot treating). The reason I say this is because when I tried incorporating it into my regimen after having a very successful two months beforehand with the standard products, my face went to hell. People began asking me why my face was so red in public, etc. Plus I'd always breakout when using it. None of this happened when I wasn't using it.

Thank you. I will definitely try this =]

I agree with TJ, AHA every night is too much. A lot of people around here are really into that, but I think AHA has been great for me on a 1-3 times a week basis.

Thank you =]

Your acne isn't bad at all, chin up! =] I agree, only apply AHA (except for spot treating) a few times a week. Stay with it! Your skin isn't that blotchy!

Why can't the military just let people with acne-prone skin at least treat it on a nightly basis during training? I mean come'on! I swear, it's the single biggest thing holding me back from joining the Marines right now, stupid as that may seem. :wall:

Why can't the military just let people with acne-prone skin at least treat it on a nightly basis during training? I mean come'on! I swear, it's the single biggest thing holding me back from joining the Marines right now, stupid as that may seem. :wall:

I've read numerous topics about that, how they won't let you do anything for your acne.

Your acne isn't bad at all, chin up! =] I agree, only apply AHA (except for spot treating) a few times a week. Stay with it! Your skin isn't that blotchy!

Thank you. Although, I don't think my camera does a very good job of picking it up at all! It has just been a shock to me how I can go from having really good skin, and then, literally two months later, have acne. Oh well....

I know, I'm worried my face is going to go crazy. I don't think I've ever not treated it before. They say there's not enough "time" to treat acne. And a lot of people who don't have acne think it's not a necessity. Like people with acne are just trying to be vain or something. =/

I know, I'm worried my face is going to go crazy. I don't think I've ever not treated it before. They say there's not enough "time" to treat acne. And a lot of people who don't have acne think it's not a necessity. Like people with acne are just trying to be vain or something. =/

That is so messed up how they wont let you do anything to treat acne. What about sunscreen. Yeah my mom thinks i am vain :rolleyes:

It doesn't seem stupid T.J. i too had thought about joined some type of military something but nope can't do it. I was thinking someone would blow my leg off and i would be doing the Regimen still :shifty: not really....i am a slave to my skin :|

My skin was red and flakey until the third month. I dont know if it was because of the time or because i started to use Cetaphil. Give it more time and good luck :)

When my ex-husband went to Great Lakes, he would write about just how busy they kept them, and how little time they were given to shower and stuff. They want you to focus 100% on what you're there to do. You're there to learn how to serve your country, not to worry about how you look.

Plus I recall him mentioning that they didn't have any chemicals at the bootcamp that could seriously harm someone if they were ingested, because some people can and do get suicidal while going through bootcamp. One guy that my ex went to bootcamp with got so desperate that he downed a bottle of cleaning solution. Luckily, the bootcamp only used supplies that, at worst, would cause vomiting and diarrhea. I'm pretty sure if someone downed a bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide, on the other hand, they'd be in for some serious trouble.

Try to focus more on what you'll be accomplishing in bootcamp, and less about how you'll look while you're there. Once you're out, you can get back on The Regimen if you want. Right now, though, you need to be worried more about preparing yourself to be completely broken down and rebuilt at boot than anything else.

Best of luck.