Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently using a Neutrogena Original Daily Cleansing Bar, and while I love the fact that it strips the oil off my face, it's too drying. I have to moisturize a great amount and if I don't my skin gets flaky and itchy. I used to use Cetaphil but my skin stayed oily, so what cleansers will help remove some oil from my skin but not make it too dry? I've heard that Dove makes an effective neutral pH bar. Thanks.

I have oily/dry skin and I really like Purpose.

It makes me feel like I have healthy normal skin after I wash my face with this stuff, not too oily and not too dry.

ive heard a lot of people saying they find neutrogena soap bars far far far too drying. i use it morning and night and have never noticed it leaving my skin particularly dry. Which may be a clue as to just how oily my skin is :confused: i dont even have to moisturize after i use it. a)it isnt needed and b)i dont like moisturizers!

Is it the one with the yellow line around the box that you are using?

I also found that the purpose soap works great for me, neutrogena * i used to use the acne bar soap* worked great toowhen I was in England but not in the states. It would leave me ashy white though so I would have to use their sensitive skin moisturizer or spf 15 one to get color back into my skin. LOL I only used it in the day time, at night after washing I looked like a ghost. :rolleyes:

Neutrogena deep clean cream cleaser is brilliant, it dries out your spots enough, but leaves your skin feeling really moisturised. i use mine twice a day morning and night and i usually don't need a lot of moisturizer afterwards.

i'd really reccomend it, it retails at £4 in England

+1 to the Purpose. I prefer the liquid to the bar. But, if you need more lather than liquid provides the Purpose bar is a solid choice.