Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gt_stang_2006

Restylane Kicks Ass!!

I just got restylane injections 2 days ago. Completely filled in my scars!! I know it only lasts 6 months, but it is awesome. I have so much more confidence now.

Good to hear that found at least a temporary solution,what is the type of your scar?is there any pics?

I'm happy for you and it may last longer than 6 months and to the nay sayers everybody is different so telling someone who is happy about their treatment that it's only going to last 3 months is just so negative!

I'm not hear to bring negativity, only my experience as I've had restalyn injections for my acne scars.

Restalyn appears to work after the first couple of days because you have swelling so it looks like it's filled in the scars. Once the swelling subsides you can't even tell the restalyn is there and your scars are fully visible again.

Restalyn, as with most acne scar treatments is a complete waste of money and time in my experience.

But I'll keep an open mind, please come back and report how your acne scars are doing in about five days from now. Good luck.

In my experience resylane results are about: 80% first month, 65% second month, 50% 3rd month, 40% 4 month, 30% 6 month. It is temporary, but there is long-term collagen induction too. This is documented. Several or my scars are much better at baseline now after getting many injections. It takes about 2 years or about 4 or 5 set of injections to see these long-term results. This to my mind makes restylane the best and safest treatment for depressed scars. Very little downtime, immediate results, and long-term benefit. If your scars are tightly bound this may not work as well or if you smoke cigarettes, or get way too much sun.

Well CrispyCraters,

It has been 6 days now since my Restylane injections and my face looks great!!

Awesome, I wish I had results like that. thanks for the update. If you remember come back and give another update in a week or two or even a month and let us know how it goes. Good luck and enjoy your smooth skin :D

Oh yeah, I need to add. Restylane is very injection technique dependent. Too shallow or too deep and results won't hold up at all.

So KrispyKraters, you may have Restylane done by somebody who did not do them right. It pays to get a good Dr who takes pride in his or her work and knows what they are doing.

You know that is an excellent question.

Is it possible for the fillings to have long term results after repeated injections over time...if so what percentage of improvement will the results add?? IF anyone knows and has experience with that please go ahead and let us know as that is something that is very important to know.

Thanks,

I'm not hear to bring negativity, only my experience as I've had restalyn injections for my acne scars.

Restalyn appears to work after the first couple of days because you have swelling so it looks like it's filled in the scars. Once the swelling subsides you can't even tell the restalyn is there and your scars are fully visible again.

Restalyn, as with most acne scar treatments is a complete waste of money and time in my experience.

But I'll keep an open mind, please come back and report how your acne scars are doing in about five days from now. Good luck.

Just because the initial swelling goes does quickly doesn't mean that Restylane is worthless. Did you have follow up injections done? Many people require this. Follow up injections should ultimately get you results that last for far more than five days. Anyone getting Restylane should just assume that they will probably need them.

No follow up injections for me. Pay $300 and then get another injection 5 days later!! I think not!! My face looks great.

Good to hear. I'm getting a Resty injection in a month. I hope it will last for at least 3 months. Can't wait.

robert, how much better are your scars now without the injections? how many injections have you had?

what percentage is your improvement now that you do not do injections anymore?

KnicksRock,

I am still doing the injections. I would say some of them are amazingly better. I have had about 7-8 injections done now in about 3.5 years. One about every 6 mths or so. I was looking at my face this weekend and marveling that I don't hardly see the scars at all anymore.

I would say a lot of my scars are 50% to 80+% improved long-term (based on my observations at the end of my cycle, not when they were freshly injected. In fact some have so improved that don't get injected anymore since they don't show up.) I don't want to mislead people, but this really has worked for me. Most of my scars aren't too tightly anchored down, so this procedure works really well for me.

i thought i would chip in my 2 cents about my filler experience. i had evolence breeze injected in deep fibrotic acne scars about 6 months ago. evolence is long lasting collagen filler - 12 months supposedly. at 6 month mark scars are holding up very well. They will have been filled 80% at least but as most people who have had fillers know, u always want more - like 100%. I personally wish I had had subcision prior to see if i could even have had better results. On top of that the inject area remianed red for months (not allergic reaction).

one other thing, which is worth pointing out about filler therapy. u are effectivley raising a scar, so the actual scar is more visible.

hope this helps.

I should correct my statements. When I say the scar is improved, I mean the elevation of the scar has improved. I still much prefer a more even level scar than a big dent. The good thing about restylane is that redness goes away completely in about 3 days. Usually about after 12 hours I feel very presentable to the world with marginal redness in a few spots.

robertlapwing - do u get any blue colour from your restylane? What I mean by this is that my collagen injections if the filler is too close to the surface look white. I have heard a few people complain that restylane can look bluey. Also, how does the filler feel under the skin? is it hard? i thought that the way the hyaluron fillers work is that they attract water to the filler. this i would imagine would create a 'puffy' effect which is very desirable for treating acne scars. As we all know, swelling (puffiness) nearly always improves the appearance of acne scars across the board. :)

Rupert,

I have had that kind of whitish look before in a couple of spots. And that was because they injected it too close to the surface. My latest doctor is really good and I don't have any weird coloration complaints.

It feels a little hard for the first week or so and then it softens and feels mostly natural. It is suppose to attract water so I guess that makes it softer, and it gets assimilated into your skin too. I tried juvaderm once and it felt softer initially than restylane for the first week but then it never got as soft as restylane does after the first week. I much prefer restylane over juvederm. It has a better softer feel after the first week and it doesn't over-correct etc. Plus all the documented cases for long-term collagen induction were all done with restylane (just because juvederm is Hyaluronic Acid doesn't mean will necessarily induce collagen growth too.)

i thought i would chip in my 2 cents about my filler experience. i had evolence breeze injected in deep fibrotic acne scars about 6 months ago. evolence is long lasting collagen filler - 12 months supposedly. at 6 month mark scars are holding up very well. They will have been filled 80% at least but as most people who have had fillers know, u always want more - like 100%. I personally wish I had had subcision prior to see if i could even have had better results. On top of that the inject area remianed red for months (not allergic reaction).

one other thing, which is worth pointing out about filler therapy. u are effectivley raising a scar, so the actual scar is more visible.

hope this helps.

You can minimize injection site swelling by taking a surgiacl glove an adding ice and water and tying the end in a knot to prevent leakage. If you, your estetician or physican is working both sides of you face you can appy the cold filed glove to the other side after he works the one site. This minimizes swelling immensely

hope this helps.

You can minimize injection site swelling by taking a surgiacl glove an adding ice and water and tying the end in a knot to prevent leakage. If you, your estetician or physican is working both sides of you face you can appy the cold filed glove to the other side after he works the one site. This minimizes swelling immensely

Eating pineapple also helps reduce brusing/swelling.

robertlapwing,

do you remember what kind of Juvederm you tried? Last week I had one phial of Juvederm Ultra 3 injected, I think this should be the rather denser kind of Hyaluronic Acid, and is supposed to last a little longer, 12 months according to the manufacturer. I initially had the common swelling experience that so often happens after treatments, it lasted for around 3 or 4 days. Some of the injection sites looked overcorrected, but I am not sure if it was overcorrection or localized swelling.

This is my first experience with fillers, I am now one week after the treatment and I am quite happy with the result. I have a lot of depressed scars, both

rolling and box, and they were filled up in a way that no other treatment I did in the past did. I have tried fraxel, and TCA peels. I would say that the swelling is totally gone and I don’t see evident overcorrection anymore. I can feel the filler in a couple of spots, like a dense little “pill†under the skin, don’t know if this will stay like that or will subside.

Because of the swelling that happens already during injection, it is not possible to be 100% precise during injection, so I think a touch up is needed. This is not necessarily a bad thing (apart from cost) as it can effectively yield a more precise effect. I paid 300 euros for my injection treatment. Next week I will go again to the doctor dor the touch up (this was requested by me, not by the doctor).

After reading what you said I would be very curious to try Restylane too and compare the two. From what I heard ordinary Restylane would last less, but I don’t know if it is true.

improve,

I don't remember the particular type. It wasn't that dense though if I remember correctly. I had one spot that was over-corrected for 6 months and it looked bad. Thankfully it finally went away. Juvederm lasts a lot longer but for me it feels more unnatural and the over-correction problems kill it for me. Restylane seems to be safest and most effective, but it doesn't last as long. However as I stated earlier I have gotten significant long-term improvement from continued restylane injections.

A good thing to do before injections is to eat a lot greens for the week before. I eat a lot of kale and broccoli that week before I am going to get injected and this really minimizes the bruising. I usually don't bruise at all. And definitely stay away from all pain killers too for two weeks before. Btw, since I have cleaned up my diet to that of anti-inflammatory style diet I never have to take pain killers anyway and I am pretty athletic.

Another thing. If you can stand it, don't use the numbing cream period and don't use the ice during the injections. That way the Doctor can see the scars better when injecting and will miss less of them.