Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
13owman

Discussion: Diet doesn't cause acne but may aggrovate it

For years, up until I hit 13.. I drank 2 pepsi's a day (replacing healthy foods, no fruits or veggies) and ate a chocolate bar every day. My skin was clear as heck and was very smooth, no problems.

If poor diet causes acne then I would have been a giant zit.

I have though seen a improvement in my skin ever since ive been prone to getting acne because whenever I eat healthier my pimples go away quicker and are smaller, i've noticed that i'm more prone to get acne when I get less sleep and eat tons of dairy.

----------------

Anyone else think diet causes acne... why do you think that?

For years, up until I hit 13.. I drank 2 pepsi's a day (replacing healthy foods, no fruits or veggies) and ate a chocolate bar every day. My skin was clear as heck and was very smooth, no problems.

If poor diet causes acne then I would have been a giant zit.

Acne typically only appears with elevated sex hormones, so you almost never see acne in children (although you sometimes see it in babies). That you were clear in your childhood when you ate unhealthily doesn't say anything about diet or acne.

If poor diet causes acne then I would have been a giant zit..... i've noticed that i'm more prone to get acne when I get less sleep and eat tons of dairy.

No, your skin was clear before because you were a child.

Acne is a multifactoral condition. And most of those factors are very much affected by diet.

alternatvista - i red some of the info in that link you provided .. one thing i dont understand is that ....isnt it a bad thing to increase insulin in terms of acne .... should i decrease my insulin lelves and avoid insulin spikes. ...

i duno lol im confused with the insulin - acne connection ... help ?

alternatvista - i red some of the info in that link you provided .. one thing i dont understand is that ....isnt it a bad thing to increase insulin in terms of acne .... should i decrease my insulin lelves and avoid insulin spikes. ...

i duno lol im confused with the insulin - acne connection ... help ?

I'm not sure if the base insulin levels matter, but you want to watch out for insulin spikes.

I think diet causes acne.... Because I had acne since i hit 7th grade and cured it at its worst this past summer. im nineteen now. I cured myself throuh diet alone. For may people, acne CAN be cured you have to really want it and take researching seriously.

by the way.... "up until i hit 13" is up until puberty- which is when teenagers become 1) insulin resistant and 2) thats when hormones activate so yeah you wont have acne until then. And the diet you ate then can definately affect your body. after years of abusing yourself with sugar and other crap you will have problems with insulin resistance...either weight or acne or other issues.

by the way.... "up until i hit 13" is up until puberty- which is when teenagers become 1) insulin resistant and 2) thats when hormones activate so yeah you wont have acne until then. And the diet you ate then can definately affect your body. after years of abusing yourself with sugar and other crap you will have problems with insulin resistance...either weight or acne or other issues.

Yet on the flip side, there are so many people out there who took the same route as far sugar and everything else goes, but their skin is flawless as is their weight. Just sayin...

haha ur subject "diet doesnt cause acne but may aggrovate it" is such ironic. Aggrovating comes out to be actually causing acne. DIET DOES EFFECT ACNE.

yea so how come some poeple who eat crap all day long still have flawless skin .... like all my friends ?

yea so how come some poeple who eat crap all day long still have flawless skin .... like all my friends ?

Some people just aren't prone to acne. It's the same way with diabetes: certainly not everybody who eats unhealthily gets the disease, but that doesn't mean that diet doesn't affect it.