Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pan760

How long have YOU had red marks?

I've never had them before until November 2008.

Unfortunately they are still here and I don't really see them leaving anytime soon. So I guess

its been about 6 months.

What about you?

With my skin, every single breakout turns into a red mark.. so even though some of my marks will fade within several months, I get new ones in place of them :confused: So yeah, I would say that I haven't been red mark free for at least 4 years. It sucks majorly.

A couple years...It just seemed to be getting worse over time for some reason. Until I did a TCA peel, and started going with natural things like eggwhite/lemon mask, baking soda/water for exfoliation, and apple cider vinegar.

Since around april 2007 so around 2 years. Thing is Ive been on accutane for a long amount of time (still am) so the redness is still there and I dont think its going to fade fast unless I stop accutane, but then that means having acne again.

The redness has been fading slowly, but really really really slowly.

Cant really remember not having those pesky red marks. I truly beleive acne wouldn't be anywhere near as frustrating if it wasn't for red marks, just imagine if once the active spot cleared up there was no mark..........l doubt acne would be as much of an issue for me.

Guys, have any of you tried AHA? I only just found out about it last night and was wondering if anyone has expierience with it? I don't want to get my hopes up...

Not very long, but even a few months can feel like an eternity, especially if they bother you immensely. My chin is a popular hang out for these red marks. Got a ton of random discolored spots on my chin. Then I got a couple around the sides of my mouth and one above it. Also got some on my forehead. I hate it. Makes me look like I'm a damn filthy pig.

):<

With my skin, every single breakout turns into a red mark.. so even though some of my marks will fade within several months, I get new ones in place of them :confused: So yeah, I would say that I haven't been red mark free for at least 4 years. It sucks majorly.

Yeah same. I had acne from like 13-17 and it never left marks or anything. was clear for 3 years without taking meds or doing anything at all really.

now im 20 and have it worse then ever.

totally sucks

Well, I guess I've had red marks as long as I've had acne, (almost 3 years) but I never noticed them until the acne was actually gone, which was when the accutane kicked in. So a few months for me. They seem to be fading with the help of ACV/baking soda and egg whites though. Good luck everyone!

They started sprouting up a year and a half ago, got worse over time. =/

Guest missyjean130

7 years...just now starting to be relieved of them...bah

Um, the red marks have faded. I have some mild scarring that still looks irritated. I've been waiting for the redness around those scars to leave, but doesn't look like it's in the cards.