Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jweibel

how to prevent broken capillaries?

I'm struggling with broken capillaries and have been going through IPL treatment to have them removed and I need to find a good regimen that will prevent new capilaries from breaking. Apart from applying sunscreen, protecting your face from extreme temperatures and being gentle with your skin what can you do?

I've found a website that recommends a regimen consisting of creams (day and night) that should prevent capillaries from breaking by strengthening the walls of the veins. See this link:

Broken Capillary creams

Does any of you have any experience with such creams, do they really work?

I've read that massaging your face with your hands should improve blood circulation thereby reducing the pressure on the veins, has anyone tried this?

It seems that most people that have undergone laser treatment for their broken capillaries complain that they reappear, maybe these people didn't take any measures to try and prevent new broken capillaries from forming (the laser treatment doesn't remove the cause of the broken capillaries) or maybe they did try to prevent them but was unsuccessful in doing so. Anyway I would like to hear from these people.

It's all very discouraging, maybe there's no permanent cure at all!

I would like to hear from anybody who has achieved a permanent improvement in the appearence of broken capillaries and a permanent reduction in the number of broken capillaries on their face, please tell me how you accomplished this?

I'm quite desperate because right now new broken capillaries appear almost daily, so any help would be appreciated!

Hi Jeweibel :D

I have the same problem and I agree totaly you need to aim for them not to come back. Going from the Rosacea websites I'm trying a combination of Turmeric and Grape Seed Extract. I have only been trying for about a week. I think there may be a slight improvement. Have you checked out the other Rosacea websites? There could be more suggestions there.

Cheers

Pete

Try vitamin k cream, it's supposed to clear the spider veins in 6-8 weeks, the vitamin k is supposed to heal the spider veins so they can't leak blood anymore, i've been using it for a few days and have noticed a reduction of redness in my face and I will continue using it. Remember trauma to the skin such as harshly squeezing spots/whiteheads will cause them, I learned it the hard way. Do you smoke? I have my suspitions that smoking makes it worse, because after a night of heavy smoking my spider veins look worse and my face looks all red and angry.

Creams and supplements aren't likely to do very much, grape seed extract may be of some benefit. My First and only real choise is light therapy. Particularly red and infra red for the vascular structure. Look into this.

thank you for responding!

I've done some extensive research and found the following useful tips: (the * indicates that my lifestyle has been breaking with the rule)

no smoking

no alcohol *

no high intensity workout *

always use sunscreen *

no caffeine *

avoid extreme temperatures and cold winds

thus, there are things that I, and probably you, can do to lower the risk.

Horse chesnut and grape seed extract are regarded as good remedies, I found and ordered a creme called Derma E Clear Vein Creme Spider Vein/Bruise Solution which contains both. I'm also taking horse chesnut orally.

I've also tried a vitamin K creme called Jason Vitamin K Creme Plus, but it irritated my skin way too much so I stopped using it after two days. Perhaps my skin just needs to adjust to the vitamin K creme or maybe my skin is sensitive from the IPL 2 weeks ago. I've heard both good and bad about vitamin K cremes, hexis please let me know how it turns out for you.

I'm going to my GP next week for a health check to find out if I have any vitamin/mineral deficiencies that could be blamed for this.

If I find anything that works I'll let you know, hexie and travellingpete, please let me know if your efforts pay off.

Creams and supplements aren't likely to do very much, grape seed extract may be of some benefit. My First and only real choise is light therapy. Particularly red and infra red for the vascular structure. Look into this.

do you have any personal experience with this sort of treatment, does it actually remove the capillaries? In my case the IPL didn't do much.

please take a look at my topic, do you think i have VERY broken capillaries?

Im realy sceared now! I got a comment from a member here i got a real disease!:S Notise the acne brucing/ the blue marks after the zit/cyst poped!

do you have any personal experience with this sort of treatment, does it actually remove the capillaries? In my case the IPL didn't do much.

Yes i do, i have been using light therapy for about two years now. While it is not a cure, it is probably the best treatment for preventing broken cappilaries. While it won't remove existing ones, it will reduce the appearance of them and may eliminate some of the much finer ones.

I find that witch hazel helps to reduce the appearance of broken capillaries. I just dab it on the problem spots with a q tip every day and let it dry. The only thing I noticed is that you have to keep doing this to prevent them from getting red again, which isn't a big deal. Regarding the creams, I tried those vitamin k creams and they didn't work. I also tried that Derma e cream that you mentioned and it didn't work either. It was expensive, smelled weird, and clogged my pores.

ways to prevent broken cappilaries

1) no scrubs of exfoliation

2) no chemical products

3) wash only one time a day

4) dont rub the face to hard

5) no toners astringents etc.

6) use a ph balanced cleanser and use only a small amount every time (cleanser should contain no harsh chemical ingredients