Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

I just a classmate of mine try to hide his acne

So this kid's skin is usually perfect, but right when he walked into the class room, his hood was up on his sweatshirt, and noticeable turned to where the hood covered 80% of his left face. I didn't know what was up with that, but when he took off his hood @ the desk, I noticed a huge red mark close to his nose about an inch away. And by huge, I mean he must have been hacking at it.

Even through the class he had his hand resting on his left cheek, in various positions, all the time. I even saw him fidgeting with positions because he wasn't sure which one worked..he seemed nervous.

I feel kind of bad, but one spot while the rest of his face is utterly clear seems like a joke. This guy is really funny and confident if his skin was normal, but that one breakout completely made him insecure.

I know now if I had that, I would not care that much at all. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if his whole face a couple more.

Well obviously he doesn't know what it's like to have acne and he's used to having clear skin so this probably freaked him out. Can't blame the guy if he's never dealt with it.

True. A couple of zits on a clear skinned person will cause panic. His skin was usually perfect, so it make sense for him to feel self-conscious. It's a new and unfamiliar problem.

interesting enough, only a person who has had acne could make the observations you have just made on your classmate...

i actually take comfort when i see others doing this, it lets me know that im not the only insecure one around

aw poor guy! :3 just wanna give him a hug and tell him to look at my skin, that'll leave him smiling :)

hmmm, duchamp, im not sure, its all about confidence, and being and acne sufferer myself *obviously lol* im not big on confidence, despite being told by my guy mates that if i were to wear a low top and such that i would have guys after me too *then you see my 2 or so year old profile pic of me half cut and think 'what is she on? she aint pretty!' lol*

im sure its just confidence, but really im not sure if i would want that sort of lifestyle and attention and anyway, we can just wait til we are clear and then smite them! :P kidding lol

I feel bad for him... like others have said he's not used to it so I'm sure it was quite a shock to his system regardless of it only being the one zit. It reminds me of friends of mine who have gotten microscopic pimples and freaked out about it asking me what to do, yet here I am w/ a face full, but to them it is a big deal... it can be frustrating and make me mad when I'm sitting there w/ a ton of redmarks and pimples yet they are bitching about one little thing, but we have to try to put ourselves in their shoes. It's a first to them, and they clearly have no idea what having acne is like, so of course they are going to freak out when they get one or two zits on their otherwise consistently clear skin, I can't blame them for that.