Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone! :)

I just started Accutane yesterday and I'm both really excited and really nervous about what this is going to do to me in the next several months. Like a lot of you, I've been struggling with acne for over 12 years and I just can't take it any longer. At times i have tons of breakouts that just won't go away for months, and then other times my skin looks like it's improving and I'll get really excited and think that finally I'm 'growing out' of acne, but then it gets really bad again and i'm discouraged all over. I'm tired of acne getting in my way!!

I had a lot of hesitations when I started thinking about using accutane. I started my first round when I was 14 and although my skin was clear for a long time after, my acne came back. I don't want the same thing to happen again this time. So when my derm suggested I start it again, I was totally against it. But, the more he talked with me about it and the more he explained that if I could try any other drug, but eventually it's not going to work as well as Accutane, I finally agreed to do it. I want clear skin, or at least 90% clear, for the rest of my life after this round, but I'm really scared that won't happen. I sort of have this mindset that if Accutane doesn't work, I'm just going to be stuck with bad skin for the rest of my life. So, I guess i have super high expectations for Accutane.

With all that said, I'm actually really excited to start this journey. I know it won't be the easiest thing...especially trying to stay out of the sun since it will be summer soon and I live in the most beautiful, sunny area of the country and I just HATE white yucky skin in the summer. :cry: (Anybody have good tips for getting a golden glow without sun??) But, it will be so worth it in the end and next summer I'll be acne free and can swim in a pool in the sun without makeup and not have to worry what people are going to think when they see my red, zit-ridden skin, because it will be flawless! YAY!!! That will be the best day ever!! :banana: