Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

have recently been put on Tazorac and Minocyclin and am wondering if anyone has experimented with tanning????

I used to go tanning all the time because I felt that it dried my oily skin and helped control my acne.........my acne recently got so severe that I had to go to the derm. Has anyone had any experience with either of the 2 scripts and tanning?? Please any advise is much appreciated

I'm on minocycline and I go tanning! Just start off at a low time and work your way up and you should be fine! :)

well i think minocycline shouldnt really effect your skin as much as the tazorac so i am a little weary about being on the tazorac and going tanning........i dont want to get a crazy sunburn

Hi, I've been on Tazorac for a little over 6 weeks now...initial breakout was bad and I haven't went tanning up until yesterday. I went in a bed that had a switch to shut off the face bulbs tanning..it was a 12 minute bed and I went the whole time. I left the face lamp on for 10 out of the 12 minutes and I also put sunscreen SPF15 around my eye and nose area...always burn there even without taz. Well, my face is a bit sunburned but not horrible. I can still feel it today. But I also have to consider that I haven't tanned in like more than 2 weeks. I would use some sunscreen at least around your eyes and nose area and maybe higher than spf 15. I usually go once a week and am going to try and go again next week with some spf30 around my eyes and only left my face tan half of the total time. If you try it I wouldn't leave your face exposed the whole tanning time, if you can turn the face bulbs off I would have a towl and cover your face for some of the time until you see how you react. Good luck!................. :angel:

Hi, I've been on Tazorac for a little over 6 weeks now...initial breakout was bad and I haven't went tanning up until yesterday. I went in a bed that had a switch to shut off the face bulbs tanning..it was a 12 minute bed and I went the whole time. I left the face lamp on for 10 out of the 12 minutes and I also put sunscreen SPF15 around my eye and nose area...always burn there even without taz. Well, my face is a bit sunburned but not horrible. I can still feel it today. But I also have to consider that I haven't tanned in like more than 2 weeks. I would use some sunscreen at least around your eyes and nose area and maybe higher than spf 15. I usually go once a week and am going to try and go again next week with some spf30 around my eyes and only left my face tan half of the total time. If you try it I wouldn't leave your face exposed the whole tanning time, if you can turn the face bulbs off I would have a towl and cover your face for some of the time until you see how you react. Good luck!................. :angel:

well i think im going to hold out on tanning for a little while at least.....so how are you making out so far on the tazorac MAMACITA??? is it working for you at all?? how often are you using it and are you using anything else with it? Moisturizer?