Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tjatjatja

My self-created regimen

Hi :) I decided to make my own blog, about my "self-created" regimen.. I will update every 3rd day, so you guys can follow..

I have bad acne on my upper back, and a tiny bit in my face..

My regimen is:

Morning :

- Benzoyl Peroxide 2,5 (Dan's treatment)

- Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15, Sensitive Skin + 4 drops of Dan's jojoba oil

- Zinc tablet (only 20mg)

- Multivitamin pill.

Evening :

- Benzoyl Peroxide 2,5 (Dan's treatment)

- CeraVe moisturizing Lotion + 5 drops of Dan's jojoba oil

When shower: I use the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash .

I use the CeraVe only in the evening because it is a bit greasy - But I need it because it is VERY helpfull to my dry skin.

I am using Benzoyl Peroxide 10% as a spot treatment, and it is soooooooo nice :)

This is my first day on my regimen, and I am very excited !! :dance:

Follow my improvements (or disimprovements) and my thoughts..

tjatjatja

Day 3

So .. I actually don't know what to think..

Overall I think that my skin is looking much more "even" in the tone/look.. So thats good !

But I have also gotten some new small whiteheads, which I rarely do.. So I am a bit scared.. But I say to myself, that it is because the BP cleans very good, and it brings the "dirt" up to the surface.. And when all the dirt has been removed - THEN I will see improvements :)

What do you think about the "brings the "dirt" up to the surface - thing".. ?

So thats because I have a few whiteheads...

Day 6:

I have not gotten any new pimples, cysts or anything since day 3 :D - So this regimen looks like its good.. But my face burns a little, and my skin is a little more sensitive to the sun..

I have had a few bumps(a little like cysts), on my forehead, and they are gone ! I think the BP has done the job :) And my skin feels MUCH MORE smooth and clean.. The blackheads has reduced remarkably !

So I am optimistic :) So far it is great !

Day 9:

My skin is very dry in my face.. So the last days I have only applied BP in the evening (in the face), and added a few more drops of Jojoba..

My back do not seem to be bothered by the BP, No redness has occured.. :think:

I have got 2 new pimples, but I have eaten very much candy the last few days . lol.. So I think that is it..

My face is still very smooth, and the tone is very even, so that is nice ! :)

I have read from other logs that they have also gotten a few breakouts in the beginning, so I am still optimistic :)

Ask questions if you are curious about something :)

Day 12

I have started using the BP ONLY IN THE EVENING on my face - But I still use the BP 2 times daily on my back.. My face is just so sensitive that I cannot stand it, and only 1 time in my face seems to work as well ..

The last to evenings I have tried using PURE jojoba oil as my moisturizer after the BP treatment, and it seems soooo nice :) It is greasy, but when I am at home, it doesn't bother me..

The 2 new pimples I got day 8 and 9, dissapeared VERY quickly ! And only 1 new zit has arrived.. So I think it is beginning to improve..

I have not been using BP on my lower back acne. But I do not have much acne there, but the Purpose gentle cleansing wash works wonders , and doesnt dry at all :)

See you day 16 !

Day 16

My skin has definetely improved !

Another pimple has shown its ugly face, but I think we are in the period where the BP does its last job, bringing the dirt to the surface..

The improvements is enormeous ! I have only seen my skin like this, when I was on Tetracyklin(pills), SO it is GREAT ! :D

The last days I havent used my concealer :o So it is pretty amazing !

One downside though.. The BP is annoying my skin on my neck and shoulders.. It is itchy and so... I think I have to be more gentle when applying it..

Day 20:

As you know, I have recently started using BP on my face only 1 time af day.. And I have had a few pimples yesterday.. I think that is because of that.. but no big deal..

My skin is VERY itchy! argghhh..

And 2 days ago I could not hold back.. I scratched my back, and it turned out not to be good.. My back got red, irritated, got a few pimples on the area, and very dry skin..

Like, it is VERY easy to scratch some of your skin off.. :S

Well, that was a lesson and I will not do it again..

I also have to be very gentle with applying the BP because if I get some on my neck, it will turn red like crazy..!

But overall my skin looks good, and I am seeing forward in experiencing my skin in the next couple of days :)

Day 23:

My skin is still very itchy, but after being carefull putting the BP on, it has not been that bad..

My face is amazingly clear ! Looking at the skin, you would NEVER believe that I have had anything else than perfect skin ! :D:D

My back is still clearing more and more up.. But there are still some imperfections, but I think that within a week or two, it will be good :)

Except from the itchy and irritating skin, I am very pleased with the results so far :)

PLEASE LET IT CONTINUE AMAZING SKIN-GOD ! ;)

Hey,

I can't believe that nobody have replied to this AMAZING regime.

You clearly seem to have a greater understanding of this that I do :P

I REALLY hope all works out for your acne (fingers crossed).

Just one question...you say that your skin REALLY itches, would you consider yourself to have sensitive skin? I only ask because I want to know if mine will get any worse, no itches yet but its only day 2 and im using 10% BP :D

Thankyou for this great post,

Badgeman.

Badgeman. Thanks for your add :] Well, I have never considered my skin as sensitive, but actually i am a little unknown about it.. Someone would say that I am maybe allergic to the BP, but with these results I will offer very much.

The fact that you are using bp 10% will make it much more worse , because mine is 2,5%.. and it is prooven that the 2,5% has the same effect, BUT are much less irritating etc..

The first week I did not have itchy skin, but after that I begun to feel the dryness..

The Olay complete is not very moisturizing though.. Sometimes I use CeraVe which is moisturizing a bit more.. But then again. It depends on your skin type.. Dry skin, oily skin etc..

Day 28 (sorry for the delay)

My skin is still itchy and dry, but after I have spoiled my skin with moisturizing and moisturizing and moisturizing its getting better.. But The Olay complete, doesnt moisturize very well..

1 NEW PIMPLE. Damn it it big, but after spot treatment with the bp, it has getting smaller.(Pheeeew) ;)

Well we are only in the 4th week, so we are still in the the "cleansing-period". So I read.. The clearness will most likely be seen after 6 weeks.. So 2 weeks left and I am optimistic :)

I am gonna stop writing now, because I have now sat down with the BP for 15minuts, and the moisture is waiting ;) c ya

Day 31:

The huge pimple has dried out with help from the BP :] :owned:

NO ACTIVE cysts/pimples/heads etc.. :dance: - ergo. No Active Acne right now :D

At the moment I am using CeraVe moisturizing lotion as my moisturizer, because it is much more moisturizing than Olay..

I use the Olay in the morning though, cause the CeraVe will make your face a bit greasy/shiny..

My skin is still a bit itchy, but not dry at all :) (thanks to the CeraVe :hifive: )

its good to hear someone have such a positive log :) good luck mate with the rest of it, sounds like your one of the lucky ones :)

thanks sammydixo :)

Day 35:

One pimple has shown its ugly face . But except that I'm 99% clear :)

My skin is still irritated - Hope it will go away..

I am using Benzoyl Peroxide 10% as a spot treatment, and it is soooooooo nice :)

Nothing much to report, except for the 1 pimple

Day 38:

NO new pimples the last 4 days!

But my skin is VERY DRY..

Maybe I will not use the BP on tuesday.. My skin needs that..

But well, I am very happy with the results :)

Cool log! I'm glad the regime is working for you! :) i'm from denmark as well. I'm using the regimen as well and I began 3 weeks ago. The last couple of days my skin has been very dry and flaky :( I have to apply moist 3-4 times per day to avoid flakyness!