Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cody_1992

My successful acting and modelling career ruined...

I wake up every morning... thinking of the life that I could be living; thinking of the life that I was living... I wake up every morning fearing the day to come, I feel just so insecure around others. I don’t know why it had to be me!

Before all this shit happened, I used to be a successful child/teen model and actor; working for TV commercials, on movies, and television shows. I used to be on the back of buses, and on billboards. I used to be on peoples TVs and on the big screen. I was making a life for myself at such a young age... I have not had a single model or acting job for 1 year now... And my life sucks. I just feel so insecure around people... I feel so different, so alone and so ashamed. I can’t look at some of the photos taken of me last year... I just can’t... Every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror, I see someone; something that has ruined my life. I used to be the kind of kid who girls would like, love and want to look at... Now I am the kid who watched all my mates huge their girlfriends...

I am nothing; I have nothing to live for. I lay in bed at night, thinking why me... why? I cannot stand looking like who I am. My face has been bombed by the mortars of life; and I am left with the craters. Sure, they may only be mild, not all that noticeable from a distance. But when I see myself in a picture today; with the lighting, it is clear that you can see a once smooth face, now riddled with scar age...

My life sucks... I have lost my dreams of modelling and acting as career... no one wants to use me in their ads, TV show or movies. Not girl wants to go out with me...

At a time when my confidence was high; and when popularity was at the highest it’s ever been... It has all been taken away in a flash....

I just hope that laser treatment may help me... It’s all that I have got left.

If I didn’t have acne, my life would be so wonderful. I could still be pursuing that career that I wanted, I would meet new people, and my confidence would be as high as the clouds themselves. I would go out and meet girls... I only hope that the laser treatment helps me...

I wake up every morning... thinking of the life that I could be living; thinking of the life that I was living... I wake up every morning fearing the day to come, I feel just so insecure around others. I don’t know why it had to be me!

Before all this shit happened, I used to be a successful child/teen model and actor; working for TV commercials, on movies, and television shows. I used to be on the back of buses, and on billboards. I used to be on peoples TVs and on the big screen. I was making a life for myself at such a young age... I have not had a single model or acting job for 1 year now... And my life sucks. I just feel so insecure around people... I feel so different, so alone and so ashamed. I can’t look at some of the photos taken of me last year... I just can’t... Every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror, I see someone; something that has ruined my life. I used to be the kind of kid who girls would like, love and want to look at... Now I am the kid who watched all my mates huge their girlfriends...

I am nothing; I have nothing to live for. I lay in bed at night, thinking why me... why? I cannot stand looking like who I am. My face has been bombed by the mortars of life; and I am left with the craters. Sure, they may only be mild, not all that noticeable from a distance. But when I see myself in a picture today; with the lighting, it is clear that you can see a once smooth face, now riddled with scar age...

My life sucks... I have lost my dreams of modelling and acting as career... no one wants to use me in their ads, TV show or movies. Not girl wants to go out with me...

At a time when my confidence was high; and when popularity was at the highest it’s ever been... It has all been taken away in a flash....

If I didn’t have acne, my life would be so wonderful. I could still be pursuing that career that I wanted, I would meet new people, and my confidence would be as high as the clouds themselves. I would go out and meet girls... I only hope that the laser treatment helps me...

I hope everything works out for you man. People like you are the ones that derserve the fame because you have been through something that makes you understand you can't take anything for granted.

Go for the laser treatment. If you still have active acne you could just go for accutane.

I used to be pretty as well. When I was 16 I was a finalist in 17 Magazine's cover model search. At 19 my face went from flawless to disgusting. When you're blessed with good looks, and then they are taken away by something like acne, you literally have to re-learn what self-esteem really is. Let me tell you...if you think the world isn't worth living in because your good looks were taken away you need to think again.

The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.

I used to be pretty as well. When I was 16 I was a finalist in 17 Magazine's cover model search. At 19 my face went from flawless to disgusting. When you're blessed with good looks, and then they are taken away by something like acne, you literally have to re-learn what self-esteem really is. Let me tell you...if you think the world isn't worth living in because your good looks were taken away you need to think again.

The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.

well said

So basically all your confidence has disappeared?

Try to pinpoint when you got to feeling this way and what made you like this now. Perhaps there was stress involved in your jobs, so much that it's preventing any now?

Like someone said, you can still make your life. Don't wait for the opportunities to come because you just can't wait for things to come to you. Eventually you have to get out there and do it yourself.

Life is going to be hard and some parts will be easy. You never know, there are so many twists and turns and you can never realy know what to expect.

:shrug:

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. At least you haven't been going through this for very long. I can't even remember what it feels like to have nice skin. I got acne when I was in grade 5/6. You're lucky in the aspect that you even got to experience clear skin as a teen.

You aren't nothing. Just because one avenue of your life is over with, there are new possibilities out there. It may seem like you could never be as happy as you once were behind the camera...but have you really tried to see what else is out there?

A few scars may exclude you from that particular field of life...but really, there are so many other things in life to do. Have you explored anything else? Unfortunately, you were a part of an extremely shallow and physically based world, and now you aren't. I can imagine that that must be hard to adjust, but while I don't know you, I know you are capable of adjustment.

Look around and see all the world has to offer, be overwhelmed by it, and choose something to do. The next step is yours alone to make.

Sorry OP. I think you need psychological help. If you cannot get any more contracts then you need to change careers. I don't mean to be rude but realistic. If we cannot have something, getting depressed or angry about it is not gonna help.

I was not drop dead gorgeous but I was pretty attractive in my teen years. Acne also took a toll on me. It was tough but I had no choice but to accept it. Now I'm aging and getting angry at life it's not gonna bring my teen years back. Of course I wish I looked like my late teens, but that is never coming back, never, not the face without wrinkles, not the slim toned body. That's all gone for good. it was good while it lasted. Losing your looks is one of the worst things about life but it's gonna happen to all of us eventually. Life is full of bad surprises. If you can, try to find meaning in other things besides your looks. It's gonna make it easier.

About girls, this is in my opinion. Everybody has personal preferences. Some girls or guys will never date people with scars, just like others don't date blondes, short people etc. But many others will. In guys, is especially important to be confident. I knew a guy with very active acne (all red and huge zits)but he so confident, that it made him attractive. Many people found him attractive (and he didn't even had great features) Women are more attracted to personalities than to looks.

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. meaning: there is no clear definition of beauty.

yes, your face can be handsome. yes, your body can be beautiful. but how can you really taste life without a beautiful soul? you are your mind, not your face or body. outer appearance is no more than an accessory.

there's a billion reasons to love life. only one of them involves your outer appearance. learning to see past your pimples will make you a happier person now, and a smarter person once the pimples are gone.

respect.

if you are a "successful" ten actor AND model then acne break outs aren;t much of a problem what so ever...if your considered succesful then your put into the catergory of "theyselltheproduct" kind ofthing...plusmodelling/acting all ties into the photoshop, make up, lighting and placement so acne is a tiny problem when this comes into play.

if your really are a SUCCESSFULL actor/model atleast prove it by showing who you are, cause if you don;t you just look like your lying for no apparent reason...or are the paparazzi writing about your acne break outs loads that you can;t dare show your identity on a public forum incase you wake up and find yuourself in heat magazines "skin disaster" pictures...dur most models and actors have acne...your probz not getting any work because agents and bookers have used you up to your full market

i was about to become a model until acne came into the way and caused me severe scarring i feel for you i wanna die..

.. evrytime sum1 from the management would message me trying to get me into a modeling stuf or an extra in a show i would refuse so bad... because they dont see my scarring in the pictures

damn! i hate myself im so tired of hiding!!!!!!

so tired!!!!!!!!!!!

i was about to become a model until acne came into the way and caused me severe scarring i feel for you i wanna die..

.. evrytime sum1 from the management would message me trying to get me into a modeling stuf or an extra in a show i would refuse so bad... because they dont see my scarring in the pictures

damn! i hate myself im so tired of hiding!!!!!!

so tired!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, newlife23

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with acne and scarring, but please check with a counselor on this issue. While you may voice various issues at the Emotional and psychological effects of acne forum, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. I strongly encourage you to seek professional assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html