Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
irisdc88

Full, flawless, and natural foundation coverage!

Hi everyone!!

I just registered here at acne.org because I wanted to share with all of you the BEST foundations I have used to cover my acne scars, discolorations, and redness. I SWEAR to you, these foundations can cover even TATTOOS!!! I am a total make-up junkie and I like to look perfect everyday, everywhere I go because it's amazing how it can boost up your confidence! So, read on and hopefully you'll find the foundation that's right for you:)

1. MAC Full Coverage-This was the very first full coverage foundation I have ever bought and I fall in love with it everytime I use it. For $35CDN, you get 28gm of product which is a ton for the price you pay. It will last you a lifetime since you don't need much to cover all your imperfections.

Pros: Excellent coverage

Blendable

Great color range

Affordable

EXCELLENT FOR PHOTOGRAPHY

Cons: Not recommended for people with oily skin

Might feel a little thick

2. CoverFX Total Coverage-This is the best choice for people with sensitive skin and acne-prone skin since this is a "Dermatologist Recommended" product. Also oil-free so great for and skin type.

Pros: Excellent Coverage

Great color range

Good for photography

Non-comedogenic

Oil-free

Cons: Expensive ($39 CDN for only about 15gm)

Difficult to blend

3. Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation-This is the foundation I am currently using and has become my HOLY GRAIL for foundation. The color that I'm using is 303-66A and I have never seen a foundation that matched me PERFECTLY!! I have looked at my face with this foundation on in every lighting including natural sunlight and I haven't seen that "mask" look in any of them!!!

Excellent color range

Great for photography

VERY AFFORDABLE ($20 USD for .5oz)

Easy to blend

Looks very natural on skin

Cons: Not recommended for people with VERY oily skin

So there you have it, folks!! I hope this helps all of you who have been looking for a foundation that'll make you look like you have perfect skin!!

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions!

Thank you! I am very curious about #3.. Does it look well on lighter skintone? Where can you find it?

I have the same question, where do you buy these?

Did you order them online? Or are they at places like Sephora & whatnot?

thx! :nod:

I have never been able to find out whether MAC full-coverage is non-comedogenic or not and if not then just how comedogenic is it? I don't like to use it on it's own, but it makes a great foundation if you mix Studio Fix with Face and Body + A little Full-Coverage... flawless combination in the palette.

Hi. I just signed up here as well.

I'm pretty sure that the MAC's full coverage foundation is a PRO product. This means that you can only find this product in a PRO store- a regular counter or MAC store won't carry it. You can purchase it online, but you'll need to have a PRO Account (which you can only get if you are a licensed makeup artist). You can, however, visit a MAC PRO store and purchase it from them without a PRO membership. That being said, there aren't many MAC PRO stores around. I live in NJ, and the closest MAC PRO store to me is in NYC. You can visit www.maccosmetics.com for more info.

I hope this is helpful.

yeah, the MAC Full Coverage foundation recently became a PRO only product. Like Giddy said, you can purchase the PRO products at a pro store or by calling their phone number (they have it up on their website.)

FYI: MAC's studio finish concealer (which is not a PRO product) is the same formula, except it's in a smaller size and contains SPF35.

whenever I use MAC's full coverage foundation, I always make sure to spritz Fix+ on my brush. it tends to give a more natural finish.. it also sheers it out so that it doesn't look too heavy.

I just recently bought Cover FX at a Sephora store, and I reeeeeeeaaally LOVE it!

Yeah, I agree that it is difficult to blend, so instead I use a stippling/stamping technique with a triangle sponge and apply to parts of my face that really need coverage. It goes on nicely and if there are still some difficult spots still showing, you just go over it again using the same technique, and I promise it won't look cakey at all.

To ruski, juba76, and honeycombs:

MAC Full Coverage: like the others have said, this is now a PRO product and you will need a PRO Member in order to order online. So you can either go to a PRO MAC Store or call them and you can order by phone without having to be a PRO member.

CoverFX: I bought mine from Shoppers Drug Mart and I believe it's a Canadian store. You can check out their website and see where else they sell it.

Cinema Secrets: I bought mine in the Philippines when I was there but a lot of people order it from this site *Moderator edit, URL removed That URL was to a privately owned website and thus benefits ONE person- read the board rules. *

I hear it's a reliable and efficient website:)

Hope this helps!

P.S. Sorry for the long reply, guys!

Hi everyone!!

I just registered here at acne.org because I wanted to share with all of you the BEST foundations I have used to cover my acne scars, discolorations, and redness. I SWEAR to you, these foundations can cover even TATTOOS!!! I am a total make-up junkie and I like to look perfect everyday, everywhere I go because it's amazing how it can boost up your confidence! So, read on and hopefully you'll find the foundation that's right for you:)

1. MAC Full Coverage-This was the very first full coverage foundation I have ever bought and I fall in love with it everytime I use it. For $35CDN, you get 28gm of product which is a ton for the price you pay. It will last you a lifetime since you don't need much to cover all your imperfections.

Blendable

Great color range

Affordable

EXCELLENT FOR PHOTOGRAPHY

Cons: Not recommended for people with oily skin

Might feel a little thick

2. CoverFX Total Coverage-This is the best choice for people with sensitive skin and acne-prone skin since this is a "Dermatologist Recommended" product. Also oil-free so great for and skin type.

Pros: Excellent Coverage

Great color range

Good for photography

Non-comedogenic

Oil-free

Cons: Expensive ($39 CDN for only about 15gm)

Difficult to blend

3. Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation-This is the foundation I am currently using and has become my HOLY GRAIL for foundation. The color that I'm using is 303-66A and I have never seen a foundation that matched me PERFECTLY!! I have looked at my face with this foundation on in every lighting including natural sunlight and I haven't seen that "mask" look in any of them!!!

Excellent color range

Great for photography

VERY AFFORDABLE ($20 USD for .5oz)

Easy to blend

Looks very natural on skin

Cons: Not recommended for people with VERY oily skin

So there you have it, folks!! I hope this helps all of you who have been looking for a foundation that'll make you look like you have perfect skin!!

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions!

I have been using Bare Escentual Bare minerals make-up!

its great! really natural looking and great coverage and feels really light! only problem is since i started using Retin A gel my skin is dry so a powder makes it look worse!

i just got Chanel double perfection cream foundation which is great. its covers really well and looks natural. i dont use it all over my face as it can look a bit heavy but i use it where my spots are then blend it with tinted moisturiser for the rest of my face and it looks great!