Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

Why am I getting scars?

I have mild acne and never pick at it, yet small pimples I've had are leaving scars. I've seen scar pictures and mine look a lot like that, except with some redness that the pimple left also. So, is it possible that these will eventually fade away, or will I be stuck with them forever? I find it really strange that I'm getting scars because I have mild acne, and my mom's acne was similar to mine yet she never got scars.

They are probably red marks and not scars.

Make sure to moisturize you're skin and apply sunscreen whenever you go out :P

I have mild acne and never pick at it, yet small pimples I've had are leaving scars. I've seen scar pictures and mine look a lot like that, except with some redness that the pimple left also. So, is it possible that these will eventually fade away, or will I be stuck with them forever? I find it really strange that I'm getting scars because I have mild acne, and my mom's acne was similar to mine yet she never got scars.

Are they indented? Sometimes minor scarring will go away on its own. Scar tissue continues to remodel after the initial wounding for up to a year according to some research I've read.

Retinoids are very helpful for shallow indented scars. They also help fade redmarks (provided you use sunscreen).